It's LibRary! There's an R in there! (Read 694 times)

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

It's eSpresso, not eXpresso, thank you very much!

In transit, arriving on time. 

Revenge of the Nerd

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

xor

Thread half-life is achieved when things repeat.

As for expresso, lots of mexican food places seem to have "macho burritos" and... "expresso burritos".  Don't order the essssspresso burrito or you might get stink eye.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Resolution for 2013. Stop being one of the A H's. Wheel Of Fortune contestant lost for swimmin. I see myself in this thread. Did not like it. Just sayin.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Little Blue

That guy who fixes your back?  A co-worker pronounced it choir-practor every single time.

Wheel Of Fortune contestant lost for swimmin.

Ridiculous.

But...reminds me of my favorite poem:

Women, women, I like women

We take our clothes off, and we go swimmin

submitted in a 10th grade poetry contest. Finalist, if I recall.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
              RandomRun

Two more for the "pronouncing letters that aren't there" category:

There's no t at the end of across.

There's no h at the end of height.

Oh, and I did see myself in one of the previous posts, but since my pronunciation is supported by Merriam-Webster, I have no intention of changing it.  Joking

MrNamtor

. The last one is "discrete" vs. "discreet".

I never knew this. I always thought one word meant both "distinct and separate" AND "careful not to divulge secrets". lol, there is a sort of connection between these 2 meanings, which i guess is often the root of the errors to begin with.

MrNamtor

Don't order the essssspresso burrito or you might get stink eye.

I lived in New Mexico for 2 years and I got stink eye every time i tried to speak Spanish. In fact I was once taunted by a pack of little street urchins for about a half block after saying "Como esta usted?".