Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Five-year old kid...crying his eyes out. And also: 35-year old man, doing the same. Black eye

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

This thread reminded me of an old joke...running related. It was time in the tribe for the birth of a new member. The father asked his oldest son, a youngster of about 12 or 13, and rapidly approaching his test of manhood, to go and tell the chief, and ask what name the new little one should be given. So the young brave, with great trepidation and nervousness, went to the tent of the great elder, and respectfully announced his request. The old man bade him come in, and sit a spell. He quizzed the young boy about his adventures and instruction in the tribe, and was satisfied the boy was learning well. As their conversation ended, the chief told the boy that he would have a name for him to bring to his father the next night. Feeling more curious now than nervous, the boy asked, "Great One, how is it you decide what name should be given to the new child when it is born?" The old chief decided to humor the boy, and responded: "On the day a new birth is expected, I wake before the sun, and prepare by smoking a pipe with tobacco from the shaman. It opens my mind to inspiration. Then I pray to the Great Father Of All to guide me in my journey. I set out with the sun, and run all morning, along paths and through rivers and canyons, following the wind. At noon I sit, and smoke more of the shaman's tobacco. I watch and observe, and whatever is the most amazing thing I see is what inspires the name for the new child. That is how I named your father, Runs Like An Antelope, and your mother, Shining Cloud" "But tell me, Crapping Buffalo, why do you ask?"
        I was happily trotting along and saw a squirrel get hit by a car. I thought it was terribly sad to watch it happen and then lo and behold the squirrel starts crawling out of the middle road commando style with his front paws. Now that broke my heart. I'd rather he'd had a quick painless death than to wait for the buzzards to catch up with him. I drove by later to see if was still there, but he wasn't. Sleepy
          used tampon....GROSS!! almost stepped on it today

Former runner

Not exactly on the ground, but I saw a transvestite riding a bike today. Shocked Normally this may not be that weird but this person was wearing the worst blond wig and the biggest set of fake boobs under a tank-top I have ever seen. I mentioned it to some friends and they say he/she rides around the area like this often.

Ross

Sorry, not on the ground, but I had to post. I saw an older gentleman (late 70's-ish) on the Monon trail today walking with a giant umbrella (it wasn't raining), smoking a cigar and pushing a cat in a stroller!
              sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

I had a live fish fall from the sky and land on the ground about 10 feet in front of me.
                If you're bored ask why you're boring
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not exactly on the ground, but I saw a transvestite riding a bike today. Shocked Normally this may not be that weird but this person was wearing the worst blond wig and the biggest set of fake boobs under a tank-top I have ever seen. I mentioned it to some friends and they say he/she rides around the area like this often.
                  Sorry, not on the ground, but I had to post. I saw an older gentleman (late 70's-ish) on the Monon trail today walking with a giant umbrella (it wasn't raining), smoking a cigar and pushing a cat in a stroller!
                  I had a live fish fall from the sky and land on the ground about 10 feet in front of me.
                  Black eye Clowning around

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

If you were near Broad Ripple, who'd even notice... Wink You always see single shoes on the road. I've always wanted to go buy two identical pairs and throw one away and leave three identical shoes on the side of the road. Maybe you had to be there. Clowning around I did find a pristine Playboy laying on the side of the road. I had no way to carry it so I left it. Someone eventually 'adopted' it. TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

If you were near Broad Ripple, who'd even notice... Wink
                      Big grin
                        Add to this, seeing Bob cat yesterday. running on the trail just ahead of me for about 25 feet or so before dashing off into the woods.
                        Maybe not so weird, but scared the crap out of me, a three foot snake crawling across the path. About a week later, there was a large black bear in the path as well, didn't scare me like the snake did, I just stopped about 50' from him/her, said "HEY Bear" and it moved along off the path and into the woods.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Well, I guess this is about as good as any time to introduce myself as a new poster. I'm a 41-year-old mom of two boys and part-time tech writer. I'm running the La Jolla 1/2 marathon this weekend. I'm excited, I'm kinda well trained and healthy. A couple of weeks ago my running partner and I were starting up a bridge and down on the ground below us near the water was man and a woman and the man didn't seem to be wearing any pants and he was on top of the woman. Now, I can't say for sure what they were doing but...I did see a naked butt. My running partner was kinda embarrassed and kept say, "don't tell me they were sex.." So the whole way back we discussed other possible scenarios of what they could have been doing...
                          Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                            I saw an older gentleman (late 70's-ish) on the Monon trail today walking with a giant umbrella (it wasn't raining), smoking a cigar and pushing a cat in a stroller!
                            Even weirder is the fact that I, a Chicagoan, was in Indy on Sunday for a one-day trip, did a long run on the Monon path, and saw the same umbrella-totting-cat-pushing gentleman as knifey. Small (weird) world.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Even weirder is the fact that I, a Chicagoan, was in Indy on Sunday for a one-day trip, did a long run on the Monon path, and saw the same umbrella-totting-cat-pushing gentleman as knifey. Small (weird) world.
                              Shut up! That is awesome! I feel so validated!
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Berner & Knifey... *puff puff pass* Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay