Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Another Passion

A troll.

Yes, on my last run over a bridge, I saw a troll.

I looked around me very quickly to make sure I wasn't near any billy goats.

I actually had a billy goat pop out of a ditch on the side of the road I was running on today.  Scared the crap out of me cause I didn't know what it was at first and then the little dude looked as if he was going to come after me and try and butt me with with head.  He ran up the drive and away though, thankfully.  I think I scared him as much as he scared me. 

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hate snakes, they give me the creeps and usually make me squeal.  I hadn't seen many this year (alive or dead) but in the past few weeks have seen a couple of dozen, most were dead, but saw a live one in the road yesterday (about a foot long) and last week, there was a huge one crossing the running path, probably about 4 feet.  The dude running towards me ran off the path to avoid it, the two people on bikes just stopped to let it go and by the time I got there, part of the path was clear and I ran by as f***ing fast as I could to get by it (his head was almost off the path on the other side).

Alive or dead, I can't stand them.

The past two Sunday's on my long run, I've chased a flock of Turkeys on the road.  I see a lot of Turkeys where we live, but it's the first times I've ever encountered them on my run and chased them down the road a bit before they finally figure out that I'm still coming at them and they divert off the wood into the woods.

Larry

Awww...snakies are nice.  I had a little one scooting along off the path in front of me today.  Cute little brown and yella fella. Big grin  We get LOTS of turkeys around here, too.  They like to stand in the road and hold up traffic.  They seem to have almost no fear of people or cars.  Kind of like the deer.  Turkeys don't cause quite the damage, though, and they don't appear out of nowhere quite so often.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Best Present Ever

I've never seen a turkey in the road, but I have seen peacocks and peahens.  They tend to stand in the road with a look like "what are you doing in my road?"  Even when I'm driving a car, they don't seem particularly concerned about getting out of my way.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I actually had a billy goat pop out of a ditch on the side of the road I was running on today.  Scared the crap out of me cause I didn't know what it was at first and then the little dude looked as if he was going to come after me and try and butt me with with head.  He ran up the drive and away though, thankfully.  I think I scared him as much as he scared me. 

Heh, that's funny - glad you survived unscathed Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did you tell him to go find a bridge to cross?

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Today I saw a cereal bowl with milk and a spoon...right alongside the sidewalk.  There were little particles left of cereal that had once been in the bowl...looked like that Oreo cereal.  Trent...do you know about this?

~ Sarah Kay

Roses Revenge

What's with all the plastic dental flossers on the ground.  I swear I see one or more every time I go out.  I never see anyone on the sidewalk flossing their teeth, so don't understand where they come from.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

xor

What's with all the plastic dental flossers on the ground.  I swear I see one or more every time I go out.  I never see anyone on the sidewalk flossing their teeth, so don't understand where they come from.

You also never see raccoons getting their teeth cleaned at the dentist's office.

Coincidence?

A couple weeks ago I saw about 15 rats run across the sidewalk. All on the same block. Gross.

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Menace to Sobriety

A couple weeks ago I saw about 15 rats run across the sidewalk. All on the same block. Gross.

Uh oh!

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I saw this today.  No blood.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

This is a sheetrock saw.  Did you find this outside of the Yale Campus!

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

I saw a squirrel fall out of a tree *splat* onto the sidewalk. Dumbass...
                              This morning I saw a blue vibrator on the ground next to a sleeping homeless man. When I ran by again on my way home both were gone. Hmmmm.

~Sara
                              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This morning I saw a blue vibrator on the ground next to a sleeping homeless man. When I ran by again on my way home both were gone. Hmmmm.

This thread has come full-circle. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay