Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

On Saturday I came across a decapitated rabbit.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Yesterday watched a squirrel get hit by an SUV going 45 or so in a 20 neighborhood road, and then watched it dance like a plastic bag for 20 seconds until it conked out. Had to run by it twice and thankfully it was gone this morning.
        Not quite on the ground, but recently I've been seeing women's thongs/undies tied to a branch on a tree.  These are in trails. Kinda odd to be in the woods and see brink pink flags of god knows what.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Jill_B

I fly.

What's with all the plastic dental flossers on the ground.  I swear I see one or more every time I go out.  I never see anyone on the sidewalk flossing their teeth, so don't understand where they come from.

I was wondering this during my last long run!  I tried counting them, but around 20 gave up.  It seems insane that there are so many of them lying on the side of the road!

Bring it on.

On Sunday, during an 8K race in a fairly deserted area: a pair of men's Jockey Shorts, several beer bottles, and a whiskey bottle.  All in the same area. Yuk!   In another circumstance, I would have picked up the mess, and carried it to the nearest garbage can, but I was 3 miles from nowhere.
              Three boxes of pregnancy tests yesterday next to each other on the sidewalk.  Someone was very concerned...
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw a single dead crawfish on the paved rail trail today...nowhere near any water. 

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Run the race God set B4U

A fork with the 2 prongs removed in the middle????????
                  5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

not a weird find but a weird outcome...

Found a cell phone during my run on Sunday morning. It was off the road in the grass, the silver was flashing in the sun or I would have missed it.  I picked it up and stuck in my pack and continued on my run.  Once back at home I looked at the phone book for a "home" address entry.  Called the number and my daughter's school principle answered the phone.  It was her husband's phone; he lost it off the roof or trunk of his car on Friday morning.    

nothing to see here.  

Ojo

Weird morning for squirrels this morning.  First I saw a squirrel FALL out of a tree and land with a cracking sound on the road.  He stood up, ran around in 2 circles, keeled over and died.  Later I saw another squirrel being attacked by a small hawk -- the squirrel was screaming and finally the hawk let go -- I might have scared him off.  .

Sara

MM #2929

Misinformation Officer

I saw a single dead crawfish on the paved rail trail today...nowhere near any water. 

We had a random, single dead crawfish in our yard, too (so, technically, at the start of my run).  We have snakes and turtles here, but I've never seen a living crawfish...

Weird morning for squirrels this morning.  First I saw a squirrel FALL out of a tree and land with a cracking sound on the road.  He stood up, ran around in 2 circles, keeled over and died.  Later I saw another squirrel being attacked by a small hawk -- the squirrel was screaming and finally the hawk let go -- I might have scared him off.  .

I saw a squirrel fall out of a tree too a while ago, but fortunately he just scrambled off and seemed ok. Poor little guy...

xor

Ha!

I've been in Texas for a bit and I've noticed that the squirrels here are a lot less afraid of people than the Seattle squirrels.

And.... sure as hell, yesterday while I was running, I heard a commotion in a tree and then SPLAT.  Squirrel on the ground about 5 feet away.  He wandered off.

Today while I was running, an acorn buzzed by my ear at a high rate of speed.  Perhaps the wind blew it at me.  But I'd like to think that it was a sniper squirrel trying to peg me.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha!

I've been in Texas for a bit and I've noticed that the squirrels here are a lot less afraid of people than the Seattle squirrels.

And.... sure as hell, yesterday while I was running, I heard a commotion in a tree and then SPLAT.  Squirrel on the ground about 5 feet away.  He wandered off.

Today while I was running, an acorn buzzed by my ear at a high rate of speed.  Perhaps the wind blew it at me.  But I'd like to think that it was a sniper squirrel trying to peg me.

MI squirrels are most definitely about as tame as a wild animal can be.  And they DO have good aim.  Little punks thik our house is their property, so they defend it with pinecones.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Dead squirrel = good squirrel.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016