Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Oh roo roooo!

That's the sort of thing that might cause one to gang aft agley.

Holy cow, I learned so many different things from googling "gang aft agley" that I think my head might explode now.

SMART Approach

Well, today's long run was interesting. It was -15 below windchill so that is atypical but I encountered a few things that were out of the ordinary on my boring route through residential neighborhoods.  I never see anything other than beer cans or cigarette wrappers.

1. Just past mile one there was a Christmas tree at curb in the snow at 45 degree angle. As I ran by, at the top of the Christmas tree was a red, ribbed condom rolled down the top vertical branch. Hmmnn! With 40 mile per hour winds yesterday I am surprised this hung on. I am not sure if this was put on after the tree was put out or was up during the holiday season. I would hope no kids are in household.

2. One half mile down my route there was a rabbit's leg and thigh laying right in my path. It was obviously torn of by an animal. Kind of gross.

3. My God, I got to the end of mile 2 and I run into a clearly used condom tied off at the end laying right in my pathway. What the .......I have run for 20 plus years and never have seen a condom but today I saw two within one mile.

4. As run went on I encountered a 3lb steel dumbbell, a yo yo and toy boat.

An interesting run today!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Running safely

This thread is still around?! I have been away from the forum for 2 years and surprised to see some familiar threads still being kicked around.

I live in Argentina now (previously was in Mexico), the thing I find all the time here are corks. I have started collecting them. Wine flows freely here.

I don't guess my cork collection is all that special, but my daughter has started collecting them when we are out walking and riding our bikes too.

It's not my weirdest thing as it's been seen by everyone, but recently I've seen so many occurrences of birds laying there squashed in dried goo. Over a 1.5 mile road there's 5 different birds squashed when I don't think I've ever seen more than one in a run. It seems like the birds decided to use the roads while I took time off after my last marathon

Holy cow, I learned so many different things from googling "gang aft agley" that I think my head might explode now.

Really "Burns" you up, huh?

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Oh roo roooo!

Really "Burns" you up, huh?

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

If one is going to hang out w/a bunch of weirdos, may as well hang out w/a literate bunch of weirdos, I guess.....

Alright so I was running the other morning when I heard a scream come from a house to my left.  Nothing else happened so I kept running - feeling guilty all the way but not wanting to go knocking on a complete stranger's door.  BUT then on the way back I saw the police coming out of the house and watched as they stopped and started digging in the rose garden... Shocked  So I just kept on running and damn well changed my route.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Alright so I was running the other morning when I heard a scream come from a house to my left.  Nothing else happened so I kept running - feeling guilty all the way but not wanting to go knocking on a complete stranger's door.  BUT then on the way back I saw the police coming out of the house and watched as they stopped and started digging in the rose garden... Shocked  So I just kept on running and damn well changed my route.

We are definitely going to need follow-up on this one!

BTW, I love your profile photo...Robert Carlyle rocks.  Robert Carlyle chased by infected is high on my list of awesome things. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

This thread is so big I may already have posted this but...

On the Coastal Trail in Marin. It appears to be a late 40's-early 50's model.

I'd love to know the story behind this.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I suspect Toonces.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I suspect Toonces.

Big grin

...and now I'm getting a ad for Walk-in cat cages!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

OMG, I know that car.  Will see it again next(May 7th) weekend!!!! Have always wondered why it ended up there as well.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...and now I'm getting a ad for Walk-in cat cages!

Funny...none of my cats would fall for that! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

OMG, I know that car.  Will see it again next(May 7th) weekend!!!! Have always wondered why it ended up there as well.

Miwok? See ya there!

And Zoomie has solved the puzzle!

keeponrunning

There is a car similar to that, except right way up, aways off the road at my cottage.  Been there since my father was a child.  Odd only because it's in the middle of a cow pasture, blocked by a fence, even odder is until 10 years ago there were two cars, and I can't see someone removing one car but not the other.Roll eyes

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022