Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

I found a Crossman .177 caliber air rifle with a scope on it yesterday on the shoulder of the highway about a mile from my house. I picked it up and ran home with it. I was trying to keep it to the side and rear of me as I ran so passing motorists didn't see it but I'm sure a few did. I somewhat expected to see the police driving through my neighborhood looking for the crazy man running and carrying a gun through town.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I found a Crossman .177 caliber air rifle with a scope on it yesterday on the shoulder of the highway about a mile from my house. I picked it up and ran home with it. I was trying to keep it to the side and rear of me as I ran so passing motorists didn't see it but I'm sure a few did. I somewhat expected to see the police driving through my neighborhood looking for the crazy man running and carrying a gun through town.

Those are great for chasing deer out of the garden. You can get some respect from racoons as well.

an amazing likeness

Ok...wasn't on the ground, so doesn't fit the definition of the topic exactly.  But...uou know those "lost dog" or "lost cat" pages you see stapled on telephone poles...yesterday I went by one and then *click" realized I had to circle back and look at it again. 

Yes, yes indeed.  It did say "Lost Chicken".  "Have you seen my Chicken".  With picture of said chicken.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Red feather boa.

Once a runner . . .

Imminent Catastrophe

I found a Crossman .177 caliber air rifle with a scope on it yesterday on the shoulder of the highway about a mile from my house. I picked it up and ran home with it. 

You'll shoot your eye out.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You'll shoot your eye out.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Not weird, but I went on a bike ride with my wife yesterday and found six dollars on the ground. I love it when you go out for some exercise and make a profit.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Rookie Runner

Saw a guy just lying on the sidewalk yesterday soaking in the sun.  He never moved as I approached or as I passed.  It was way more than I wanted to see!

A Saucy Wench

Today during my run I stopped short at the sight of a still living but injured and scared skunk smack in the middle of the running path.   Started picking my way through the weeds to the highway to go around him and in the weeds I found 2 $5 bills.  Never would have seen them if not for poor little Pepe

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Not on the ground.

Today a car passed me.  In the front passenger seat sitting very upright and belted in was a large dog. I think a Bull Mastiff.  In the back seat was a middle aged woman with her head out the window. 

I laughed for a block

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not on the ground.

Today a car passed me.  In the front passenger seat sitting very upright and belted in was a large dog. I think a Bull Mastiff.  In the back seat was a middle aged woman with her head out the window. 

I laughed for a block

Oh, man...I wish you'd gotten a photo.  That is funny stuff! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

On my run this morning, I saw a dead squirrel in the road. On my way back home, I saw a vulture eating lunch or brunch or whatever vultures call eating a dead squirrel in the road at 10:30 in the morning. It was kind of cool, as I haven't seen a vulture this close up before.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

first marathon finish

One time I found three 20 gauge shotgun rounds. I quickly put them in my pocket to use the next week for hunting. Smile I have also found $4, and a full bag of chips.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not so weird, but yesterday I saw a cell phone in the middle of the street.  My guess is someone did what I fantasized about doing with my previous phone.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

One time I found three 20 gauge shotgun rounds. I quickly put them in my pocket to use the next week for hunting. Smile I have also found $4, and a full bag of chips.

You found "alllll that... and a bag a chips."

Sorry, my age is showing.