Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

during my bike ride today i was pursued by a three legged dog. my first reaction was "awwww poor wittle dog" but then it became thoroughly amusing.

Cool as a Cucumber

I once found a deer leg on the trail during a run. No body. Just a leg.

The pavement fears me.

I've run the same out-and-back for the past four days and every day I've seen the same pair of flip-flops. They are yellow and shaped like fish. But that's not the weird part. No the weird part is that the two flip-flops are about a mile from each other on two different roads.

Runners run

I've run the same out-and-back for the past four days and every day I've seen the same pair of flip-flops. They are yellow and shaped like fish. But that's not the weird part. No the weird part is that the two flip-flops are about a mile from each other on two different roads.

Saw not one, not two, but three cowboy boots on the side of the road today. Found the first one next to a bridge and then found the other one about a mile and a half later. A few yards later I came across boot number three. Weird. They didn't look like cheap boots either.

Two of those boots I saw looked like they were a pair.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I suspect alcohol was involved.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Today, I ran by a foosball table apparently discarded on the side of the road.  Yesterday, it was a bowling pin on the side of a rather busy four lane road.  Must be sports week. 

Once a runner . . .

xor

I was walking on a sidewalk. Family in front of me.

"Look dad, a balloon".

Nope.

Red condom.

I'm sure that "condom" has come up in this thread about 100 times, but 1) red and 2) little kid.  Hey it did look a little like The Red Balloon after the mean kids slingshot it.

I've seen the same ketchup packet stuck to the asphalt for at least two years. The ketchup that oozed out looks rubbery, but still a vibrant red. I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's Heinz, btw.
                  LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I've seen the same ketchup packet stuck to the asphalt for at least two years. The ketchup that oozed out looks rubbery, but still a vibrant red. I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's Heinz, btw.

Durable.

I was walking on a sidewalk. Family in front of me.

"Look dad, a balloon".

Nope.

Red condom.

I'm sure that "condom" has come up in this thread about 100 times, but 1) red and 2) little kid.  Hey it did look a little like The Red Balloon after the mean kids slingshot it.

I wonder where the other 98 are ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I haven't read through all 43 pages here, so perhaps this is a common weird item to come across.

Nonetheless, a few weeks ago I spotted a complete set of dentures sitting calmly on a gate post and grinning at me as I finished my run.

"run" "2" "eat"

so that's where i left them!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

so that's where i left them!

Classic.

Carl A

The other day I saw a CD on the side of the road. It was probably tossed out of a Buick LeBaron convertible because the listener no longer cared to hear his ex-girlfriend's stupid favorite song. Or maybe there was a scratch that that that that that that ruined the mood. Or perhaps it was lost out the window as the inevitable result of a child's experiments in aerodynamics. Or maybe a corporate spy decided not to deliver next year's marketing strategy to the competition, after all. Whatever it was, I didn't pick it up or step on it, but left it there to fry some more in the sun. All those millions of yes's, of no's.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

"run" "2" "eat"

Classic.

are you taunting me?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams