Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think dentures might win for weirdest thing.

I saw something a couple of days ago that wasn't really weird, but did get me considering how it got there.  It was an empty pack of Marlboro Lights with maybe a half-dozen cigarettes scattered near the pack.  I'd like to think that someone was driving along and finally decided to quit cold-turkey.  But it's probably more likely that someone's spouse/SO/friend got sick of the driver's smoking and chucked 'em.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hoban-Jay

Skull and partial but intact vertebrae of a young dear.

"run" "2" "eat"

a young dear? did you call 911?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

The shirtless wonder

This is not weird but I am absolutely amazed at the number of cell phones I find during runs.

rford1991

weirdest thing, i was rounding a corner through town one night last april and i almost stepped on a man passed out in the grass. it was around 10pm easter evening. 

seekaterun

A whole, uncooked turkey.  In the middle of a waterfront trail (near a parking lot).... it was just getting to be daylight when I happened upon it so it startled me and I had to jump over it.  There were a few scattered veggies about also - whole potatoes and carrots.  Not only was it a weird place for the turkey, but it was still a few weeks before thanksgiving!

Not so much on the ground, but on the way to the ground.  A few weeks back I was running along the towpath only to look to my left and see someone taking a dump.  I wasn't able to avert my eyes fast enough because my brain wasn't processing why there was a naked arse staring at me, so did note the turd was mid-drop.  Why he had to point his arse at the path, and why he couldn't have gone further into the bushes, and squatted down rather than been standing leaning over, I don't know.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Stacks

Not so much on the ground, but on the way to the ground.  A few weeks back I was running along the towpath only to look to my left and see someone taking a dump.  I wasn't able to avert my eyes fast enough because my brain wasn't processing why there was a naked arse staring at me, so did note the turd was mid-drop.  Why he had to point his arse at the path, and why he couldn't have gone further into the bushes, and squatted down rather than been standing leaning over, I don't know.

First the riots, and now this.  What has England come to? 

vexil77

...was a passed out guy on the sidewalk that goes alongside the undeveloped side of the Nashville Zoo, very early one morning while it was still dark. It's not the best part of town, but still,  there are not usually passed out people lying around.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is not weird but I am absolutely amazed at the number of cell phones I find during runs.

I've wondered about this, myself...though I really wanted to toss my previous one (Samsung Alias 2) out my car window, so maybe it's not so odd.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

First the riots, and now this.  What has England come to? 

After spending a semester in London and a month in Scotland in the early 90s I can attest that the whole "civilized Brit" business is utter bollocks (damn, I like their slang...yay, wanker!).

~ Sarah Kay

I think, for me, it has to be the teenage couple having sex in the middle of the sidewalk.  Granted, it was in a part where the sidewalk veered away from the road behind some trees and it was dark, but still!  I couldn't see them until I was right there and it wasn't as if there wasn't grass on either side of the sidewalk.

Carl A

A whole, uncooked turkey.  In the middle of a waterfront trail (near a parking lot).... it was just getting to be daylight when I happened upon it so it startled me and I had to jump over it.  There were a few scattered veggies about also - whole potatoes and carrots.  Not only was it a weird place for the turkey, but it was still a few weeks before thanksgiving!

And you made me feel like a loser! I'M NOT A LOSER!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Prince of Fatness

There have been a few times that I have fallen on trail runs and have found myself on the ground.

Not at it at all. 

Am I doing this right?

Saw a Hannah Montana blanket/sleeping bag on the ground this morning.  No one in it or under it though.

No excuses....