Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

a dead body - the runner who finished just ahead of me at the 1995 Columbus Marathon dropped dead at the finish line - not sure if this is weird - but it was unusual...

I've always wondered how I would react to that.  A guy died just shy of the finish line at this year's Riverbank Run 25k.  His predicted finish time would have been right in the ballpark of what I run.  I didn't run it this year, but if I had there's a decent chance that I would have been in his vicinity when he collapsed.  That's some haunting thing to experience, I'm sure.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JML

Wow, that tops the stolen stashed water bottle stories by a mile.  Hope you didn't need the water.  Karma points for you, I suppose.

Fortunately, I was about half a mile from a water fountain that I use as a refill point on this route.  I may avoid this area in the future in case he mugs me again!

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

You'll ruin your knees!

Yeah, that one's pretty aggressive.

No, the one to which I refer was quite aggressive, I assure you....

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

A whole, uncooked turkey.  In the middle of a waterfront trail (near a parking lot).... it was just getting to be daylight when I happened upon it so it startled me and I had to jump over it.  There were a few scattered veggies about also - whole potatoes and carrots.  Not only was it a weird place for the turkey, but it was still a few weeks before thanksgiving!

Canadians!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Feeling the growl again

Lots of races mark potential hazards with orange or white spray paint.  This weekend I was running the Chicago Half Marathon, cruising down Lakeshore Drive, and there's a roadkilled raccoon on the curb....with a bright orange spray painted strip down its back.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The shirtless wonder

I saw a container of macaroni salad on the side of the road -- a road that doesn't get tons of traffic.  Very odd.

Dead seal on the beach today. Conspicuously not stinky as I got close to try and ascertain its cause of death. So musta been freshly deathly. A little bit sad, but also pretty cool.

I saw a container of macaroni salad on the side of the road -- a road that doesn't get tons of traffic.  Very odd.

kid ditching their lunch from home?

I stand by what I said on FB. That was someone's stashed long run fuel.
                    henryc

Lots of races mark potential hazards with orange or white spray paint.  This weekend I was running the Chicago Half Marathon, cruising down Lakeshore Drive, and there's a roadkilled raccoon on the curb....with a bright orange spray painted strip down its back.

That reminds me of a squirrel right outside my work that is flattened and has a white stripe from the side of the road painted on it. What an ignominious death.

hudzomatic

Alright this is my first time ever posting, and it's because I couldn't pass up telling this story:

I was on a short run through downtown one day, and it looked like there was a kids parade coming the opposite direction -- everyone had signs, their parents were walking with them, the whole bit.  As I passed the parade, all the kids were looking toward the middle of the street, where a cat must have just gotten hit by a car, because it was mid-seizure -- blood squirting out of it, and looking like a breakdancer.

The kids were horrified, I was shocked, and almost couldn't keep the irony from making me bust out laughing.

yeah no, not funny

Kid

A used condom.  (I should say it wasn't in the wrapper.  Whether or  not it had been used yet... well, I wasn't going to check, but I assume so.)

smcleod

A few weeks ago, on a long run down a country road, a box of tea bags all scattered on the shoulder of the road. At first I couldn't tell what it was and then I saw the box on the side of the road. What a waste of tea!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A few weeks ago, on a long run down a country road, a box of tea bags all scattered on the shoulder of the road. At first I couldn't tell what it was and then I saw the box on the side of the road. What a waste of tea!

*sigh* f'ing Tea Partiers! Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay