Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

The shirtless wonder

A used condom.  (I should say it wasn't in the wrapper.  Whether or  not it had been used yet... well, I wasn't going to check, but I assume so.)

One day I saw, in this order, a pregnancy test, an open condom, and panties.  The order makes sense when you consider that I run against traffic.  

djs

Dark windy night. Suddenly a horse was running straight towards me. Nearly had a heart attack. Then noticed the trainer running the horse on a rope around in a circle on the grass reserve right next to the path I was on. Don't remember my geometry but I was I on a tangent to his curve? Scary though. Then a few weeks later, running a few blocks away, past where the horse is kept, another dark and windy night, said same horse picked the moment I was jogging past to push his head through the bushes at the edge of his property, reminiscent of the t-rex in jurassic park, another heart attack. That is one equine nemesis.

OK, re read the topic, I guess the horse was running on the ground, but not ON the ground. Carry on!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dark windy night. Suddenly a horse was running straight towards me. Nearly had a heart attack. Then noticed the trainer running the horse on a rope around in a circle on the grass reserve right next to the path I was on. Don't remember my geometry but I was I on a tangent to his curve? Scary though. Then a few weeks later, running a few blocks away, past where the horse is kept, another dark and windy night, said same horse picked the moment I was jogging past to push his head through the bushes at the edge of his property, reminiscent of the t-rex in jurassic park, another heart attack. That is one equine nemesis.

OK, re read the topic, I guess the horse was running on the ground, but not ON the ground. Carry on!

If he'd been flying you'd have had a helluvalot more to worry about!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Running along a dirt road and suddenly  a horse head appears from the brush a couple feet ahead of me with a very loud snort. Scared the crap out of me! 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

a horse head

When I went to bed last night there was a horse's head in my bed. It started to freak me out, until I remembered I was watching The Godfather.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

Lots of races mark potential hazards with orange or white spray paint.  This weekend I was running the Chicago Half Marathon, cruising down Lakeshore Drive, and there's a roadkilled raccoon on the curb....with a bright orange spray painted strip down its back.

Hey, it's not MY job...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

protoplasm72

I saw what looked to be a small femur bone and a large rib bone on the trail in the forest today.  I think maybe it is the remains of a coyote or fox.  The bone was to small to be human... i hope.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Two horses escaped and ran straight at me, split apart, and passed me one on each side about a foot away.  I don't recall ever being that close to a horse before.  The owners were gone, but fortunately a horse owning neighbor came by and rounded them up. 

cixelsiD

Alright I was biking but this is still pretty good. I was on a road that went through a forest preserve when I saw a person hitchhiking ahead. A few cars went by before I reached her. I finally got up to her, without a car in sight, she turned her back on me and stuck out her thumb. She was probably 45 if had to guess. So laughed out loud and as I went by yelled "too bad".

A Saucy Wench

a dildo.  followed by a string of smashed tomatoes about 1 every foot for 10 feet.  

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

a dildo.  followed by a string of smashed tomatoes about 1 every foot for 10 feet.  

La Tomatina is a strange event for a bachelorette party. 

wildchild

Carolyn

"DON'T LET TURKEYS INTIMIDATE YOU Don't hesitate to scare or threaten a bold, aggressive turkey with loud noises, swatting with a broom or water sprayed from a hose. A dog on a leash is also an effective deterrent."

Oh how my imagination can run with that ....

I saw a wild turkey with three little ones on Saturday on my run.  The "dog on a leash deterrent" worked pretty well.  I had my two dogs with me  and they were pulling me along doing a "turkey fartlek."

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

jfa

Possum dead on the road right next to a pizza box. Apparently pizza was it's last supper.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Possum dead on the road right next to a pizza box. Apparently pizza was it's last supper.

The pizza killed it.

if he'd have stuck to nuts he'd be alive today, I think there's a message in there for all of us.