Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Slice

Someone's passport. I'm assuming it had been stolen and ditched. I mailed it to the passport people today.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I found $45 on Sunday's long run. The bills were spread out every few feet. First a 20, then a string of ones, another 20, and one more one.

hmm, runners don't carry money like that, that really is odd.  If it were from a walker, I guess the wind blew it?!  Strange.

I need to find more exciting routes, I never find anything worthy of telling people about! 

Michelle

hmm, runners don't carry money like that, that really is odd.  If it were from a walker, I guess the wind blew it?!  Strange.

It was along a major street, so who knows?

oh, I bet someone put it on the top of their car and drove off with it up there. 

xor

When I go running lots of miles at one time, I carry money like that. 

Lemon pies are spendy.

I always carry plenty of cash on long runs too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

If it's a Saturday during daylight hours, and if I'm running in a residential area, I usually carry a few quarters in case a kid is having a lemonade stand.

Lemon pies are spendy.

so THAT'S why I'm always so hungry when I finish a long run, I forgot to eat a pie!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I always carry plenty of cash on long runs too.

Now we know who to mug.

A snake. Luckily it was dead, but I didn't know that at the time. I didn't see it until it was too late to stop and had to jump over it. Then I stopped and turned round to check out what I thought it was as I'd never seen one before in the 'wild'

I dodge snakes almost daily, little ones. I keep meaning to google it to find out what they are, but I probably don't want to know
                            julz24

I run trails out in the desert so I've seen my share of dead jackrabbits, and snakes. A few weeks back I came across a dog carcass. The only parts left were the rib cage, arms and head. No sign of his bottom half. But the weirdest thing I found was a tied shut garbage bag full of newborn puppies. Twelve of them, all alive, with their eyes still closed and umbilical cords still attached. They were dumped at least a half mile from the nearest paved road and with temperatures fairly warm, not sure how much longer they would have lasted.
                              drrbradford

Twice in the last two weeks I've seen a cockerel. A live one. Twice. Maybe that wouldn't be so strange if I didn't live in the city centre of Manchester and I hadn't seen the damn thing just wandering about the streets.