Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Now I feel all dirty.

I think you said that very same thing to another of my posts a while back.  Is it you or is it me???

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

How'd you do that with the text...between tape and a your post superscripts... Confused

The last time I saw audiotape was a cassette that had been unraveled all along the road.  Amazing how many yards of tape are in one small plastic rectangle.

Back in the day, it was quite common to see 1/8" tape strewn along the roadway.  Tape jams, throw it out the window.  Now CDs are fairly common.  Don't know if we'll be seeing flash memory, though.

henryc

Saw a dead fisher that wasn't there yesterday on the side of the road. I've never been that close to one. Thankfully it wasn't moving. I never realized how big those things are until I was right on top of it.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

An audio cassette tape a few weeks ago. First time I have seen one in 15 years.

How'd you do that with the text...between tape and a your post superscripts... Confused

That's because the OP wears running shoes with different forefoot heel drops; that causes the uneveness.

Kind ofLikeso

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Not a run, but...

An albino deer yesterday on my bike ride.

It was 2pm, and 5 deer ran across the road in front of me, with the 4th deer that crossed being pure white.  I saw him a couple years ago on a ride about 1 mile from there grazing in a field, and a buddy took a picture of it back then.  Yesterday, I was was just riding and watching.  

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

uncontrollable

I saw a vibrator today. Black eye

Are u flipping serious?  Who would throw that away?  Well, maybe it broke.  Ha ha ha ha

peace

an amazing likeness

Ok...wasn't on the ground, so doesn't fit the definition of the topic exactly.  But...uou know those "lost dog" or "lost cat" pages you see stapled on telephone poles...yesterday I went by one and then *click" realized I had to circle back and look at it again. 

Cleaning the piles of paper today...and found it! 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Cleaning the piles of paper today...and found it! 

Every since I found that pig this summer I keep looking for "lost pig" signs...no such luck.  I found him a happy home though. 

I found what appeared to be a Native American hunting spear about 6 feet long with leather handles, feathers and a barbed tip made of ivory or bone, laying in the middle of a trail I've run a hundred times.

Runners run

Just a dude.

I found a Beretta shot gun in a green nylon case the other night.  On the street.  It was only about 2 blocks from my house, so I picked it up, took it home, and called the sheriff's department. 

I should have gotten a pic, but I didn't...  

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I saw my 4th splattered turtle on Tuesday. It's just such an awful sight.

Treadmill Addict

I saw my 4th splattered turtle on Tuesday. It's just such an awful sight.

Ack!!! Turtles can splatter!! ????? 

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

DespiteMyself

Ack!!! Turtles can splatter!! ????? 

Sadly... yes. I wasn't running when I saw this last year, but on a road near a reservoir this large turtle (shell maybe 15" diameter, weight ???) was crossing the road and someone must have tried to drive over him. This isn't a mean spirited community, so I don't think they were trying to hit him on purpose ... but rather drive above him leaving everyone going their merry way. There must not have been enough clearance under the vehicle and it sheared off the top of his shell. Very sad to see this beautiful creature stopped dead, literally, in his tracks.

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot run," then by all means RUN, and the voice will be silenced.

Jiggle Monster

Don't overstride!

I saw a man walking his donkey in the park by my house.Smile

I found a Beretta shot gun in a green nylon case the other night.  On the street.  It was only about 2 blocks from my house, so I picked it up, took it home, and called the sheriff's department. 

I should have gotten a pic, but I didn't...  

-Kelly

ew yuck, hope it wasn't discarded after a crime!