Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

yesterday I saw a single YakTrax (YakTrak?) - perfectly flattened and embedded in the hard-pack snow covering the street

how does a person not notice that one foot is suddenly 12 pounds lighter than the other?

Liz

pace sera, sera

wildchild

Carolyn

Weirdest thing on the ground during a race:  I saw a rattlesnake, coiled and rattling, at mile 11 of a trail half marathon on Saturday.  It was obviously pretty agitated by all the runners, who were giving it a wide berth by going way around in the grass at the side of the trail.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Weirdest thing on the ground during a race:  I saw a rattlesnake, coiled and rattling, at mile 11 of a trail half marathon on Saturday.  It was obviously pretty agitated by all the runners, who were giving it a wide berth by going way around in the grass at the side of the trail.

Oh, those silly trail race organizers will go to any length to make the race interesting.

I was running through the forest one day and actually saw the rooster pictured below running around in it.  I had my camera with me on my run that day.  From what I've heard people who try to make pets out of these birds wind up abandoning them in the forest, which is how it probably wound up there.

rooster

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The chicken crossed the road...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

Today I was running through downtown and as I shifted my feet waiting for a light to change I felt something under my shoe.  I looked down to see the front part of a hypodermic needle....fortunately, the needle had already been broken off flush with the plastic...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The chicken crossed the road...

Yes, but why?

The shirtless wonder

Yes, but why?

So the runner could photograph her.

So the runner could photograph her.

See, people don't expect blondes to get jokes, but that's some funny shit right there.
                    seanster

ME

Saw this gem today:  Someone weedwacking in these awesome kicks...

"Strength Shoes"

I think I am going about this training thing all wrong.

§ SIGNATURE§

Saw this gem today:  Someone weedwacking in these awesome kicks...

"Strength Shoes"

I think I am going about this training thing all wrong.

My roommate in college (early 90's) wore these, and could jump as high as the moon.

In all seriousness, he was about 5'11", and had INCREDIBLE jump in his step for basketball.  Very impressive results for a red-headed irish kid that should be shooting 3 pointers.

MTA, in fact, I seem to recall that he went up against Chris Webber at a Gus Macker basketball slam dunk contest and placed in the top 3.  I was there (watching), Webber (and Rose and Howard) was there, and my roommate was there (in the event), but 20+/- years of time has lost a lot of the details regarding the slam dunk contest.

I think they look cool and I bet they work.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

seanster

ME

That's pretty cool.  

We may have to agree to disagree on them looking cool though Smile  All I can think of when I see them is the episode of Seinfeld.

§ SIGNATURE§

RuralRunner

A loaded gun. Actually a loaded replica Colt .45 revolver. 

So....police reports, witness statements, etc. Turns out it belonged to an older guy on that street who had put it on his tractor while driving and lost it around a corner. I guess he never noticed?!? "Honey, you seen my gun anywhere?"

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Okay, you win the thread.  Stop by on Thursday for your free T-shirt and bumpersticker.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Best Present Ever

I HATE it when I drop my loaded gun and can't find it later.  Though this spring, two guys on a tractor were attacked by a rabid bear.  (I had no idea there were rabid bear. I  was not happy to learn about this possibility).  Thank goodness it was two guys on a tractor, and not, say, a runner alone on a trail because they had a shotgun.  http://www.readthehook.com/103234/harrowing-rabid-bear-attacks-men-royal-orchard  I hardly ever run with my shotgun.