Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Half Fanatic #846

Last week I was running the Girl's, Inc. half marathon in Panama City Beach, Fl.  After a couple of miles, we came to a fairly busy intersection where traffic was being controlled to let runners by.  I was distracted by something lying in the middle of the intersection and when I got close, it was a full upper denture lying right-side up and looking shiny and new. Couldn't have been there long as I figured a car would drive over it pretty soon.  Wonder what the story was behind that   nah, probly not!  Anyway, for the rest of the morning whenever I was talking to someone, I found myself watching closely to make sure I could see their teeth! 

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

xhristopher

Last week I was running the Girl's, Inc. half marathon in Panama City Beach, Fl.  After a couple of miles, we came to a fairly busy intersection where traffic was being controlled to let runners by.  I was distracted by something lying in the middle of the intersection and when I got close, it was a full upper denture lying right-side up and looking shiny and new. Couldn't have been there long as I figured a car would drive over it pretty soon.  Wonder what the story was behind that   nah, probly not!  Anyway, for the rest of the morning whenever I was talking to someone, I found myself watching closely to make sure I could see their teeth! 

I thought it weird until I realized that Florida probably has the most dentures per capita in the US.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought it weird until I realized that Florida probably has the most dentures per capita in the US.

Sad, but true.  Perhaps dentures in the road isn't the weirdest thing on the ground in FL.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

gusS

spam
          TheDroppingDead

If this relates to the "weirdest thing while running" then I hate when I run at night, and there are toads that move while you are running, and you have to do this hop-like step, so you avoid stepping on them.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

My garmin foot-pod.   Okay, I didn't see it.  But ran back over my 2mi path looking for it under leaves at 7min pace.  *sigh*

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

A Rattlesnake basking in the sun in the middle of a county park paved path in SE Michigan. Managed to not step on it.....

dpyles

A passed out drunk , that had left behind a path of knocked over flowers and a broken hand rail . I ran back to police stattion (small town)  but couldnt get anyone to answer the door. Then called 911 and on my way back after running past this guy again I saw he was bein handcuffed.

This was during my run on some evening that was nearly dark. As I ran through some trail between neighborhoods when I heard some strange squeaking noise so I stopped and froze. I looked at it for a minute and I couldn't tell what it was until it turned and I saw the white stripe on the skunk that was ready to spray me if I took another step.
                      This was during my run on some evening that was nearly dark. As I ran through some trail between neighborhoods when I heard some strange squeaking noise so I stopped and froze. I looked at it for a minute and I couldn't tell what it was until it turned and I saw the white stripe on the skunk that was ready to spray me if I took another step.

Good thing the skunk gave you a warning!

ultramarathon/triathlete

Not really a weird thing, but during my run yesterday I stopped to pick up what looked like someone's dropped credit card in the park, thinking I'd cut it up for them so no one would try to use it.  It was a Lowe's gift card though, no name or anything.  $50 on it.  :-)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                        Gatorade Endurance Team

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I once picked up a gift card.  It looked brand new, but sadly, the money had already been drained out.

ultramarathon/triathlete

This one did not have the amount shown on it, but I went onto the website and entered in the digits and pin, and that's how I saw it was $50.  :-)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

TheDroppingDead

I found a $20 while I was running before. At first I saw as it appeared to be, a StarBucks Coffee napkin, and I said to myself why would someone litter. But as I got closer to it, I was like That's not a napkin! That's a bill! I was hoping it was an $100 lol, but it was a $20 Smile at least it was a $20 instead of a lower amount lol.
                              kcam

I found a $20 while I was running before. At first I saw as it appeared to be, a StarBucks Coffee napkin, and I said to myself why would someone litter. But as I got closer to it, I was like That's not a napkin! That's a bill! I was hoping it was an $100 lol, but it was a $20 Smile at least it was a $20 instead of a lower amount lol.

I've found $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills over the years.  Finding money's cool but, and  I don't really know why, I get a special kick out of finding some useful hand tool (wrench, pliers, screwdrivers) on the roads.  Lots of extra stuff in my toolbox as a result of  years spent  road running.