Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

dallison

registered pw

Not weird but i saw a craftsman wrench on the road so i took it home.

The weirdest thing i saw this year was a guy walking his dog near the fishing docks, he was doing it from his truck.

He would drive along while the dog roamed and then he would stop so the dog could hang out. Then he would move again and the dog would follow. There was no leash.

Later i found out that he must be handicapped as i found out where he lives and there is a handicapped placard outside of his house reserving his spot.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

This summer car hit a deer and it landed right in front of me still alive but not doing well.

Kalsarikännit

This is actually about what I didn't see on the ground during this mornings run. I didn't see cones, yellow tape or signs as I ran along the sidewalk, because there were none. I did feel it, however, when I went ankle deep in wet concrete.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Dude.

That's like a three stooges episode. 

Were you in nice shoes?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did feel it, however, when I went ankle deep in wet concrete.

I wonder how much trouble the person who neglected to mark that spot is in...?  Were you at least in old(er) shoes?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

This is actually about what I didn't see on the ground during this mornings run. I didn't see cones, yellow tape or signs as I ran along the sidewalk, because there were none. I did feel it, however, when I went ankle deep in wet concrete.

Ahh Shit...Sorry Wrig but I'm laughing pretty hard right now.

Kalsarikännit

I was in my embarrassingly favorite clown shoes. Imagine those bad boys cast in concrete. MTA: those are brand new hokas. They are huge. Covered in concrete they would weigh 50 lbs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn...that sucks.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

So did most of it wash off?  Are they screwed?  Are the ok, but gray now?  (which might be an improvement. ha)

Kalsarikännit

I was on the way back home and only two blocks away. It was only one and I rinsed it off right away. Too bad it wasn't an old shoe. I could have made a very interesting planter out of it.

Better I Leave

So far, nothing really weird, but I was out on one of my favorite trails and almost stepped on the tiniest snake I ever saw in my life. It must've been a newly hatched racer snake and the thing couldn't have been more than 1/32" in width and 3" long.

Not weird, but kinda cool. Smile

NYCNorma

Years from now, as families walk along the road, they'll wonder what clown put their foot in the wet cement.  Did you sign and date the impression as well?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

X 3. Lot's of pumpkin pies?

Get off my porch

MrNamtor

A huge bag of weefer Shocked. Do ya think I stopped to pick it up? Wink

I found weed on 2 separate runs.

Goddamned kids have no sense of responsibility. They need to put their ghanga in a secure place and not lose it. Stuff was pretty dank too,