Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

This is actually about what I didn't see on the ground during this mornings run. I didn't see cones, yellow tape or signs as I ran along the sidewalk, because there were none. I did feel it, however, when I went ankle deep in wet concrete.

I'm surprised your feet didn't just skate over the surface.

sugnim

There is a park that I run by, and in the same general area, I frequently see a wrapped maxi pad on the ground.  Then it will be gone, and weeks later a new one will appear.  It's the reoccurring appearance & disappearance that makes it weird.

Chris UK

Somebody lost this some time ago in The Swamp.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Nasreddin Hoja

, and in the same general area, I frequently see a wrapped maxi pad on the ground.  Then it will be gone, and weeks later a new one will appear.  It's the reoccurring appearance & disappearance that makes it weird.

Yeah, I think that's what's weird about my "thing".  I often run down a famous lane, and there'll sometimes be a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.  Almost in the same spot everytime.  Like somebody threw their SOs smoking stuff out of the car.  I fantasize how it went down,  "What! Smoking, AGAIN?". 

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

There is a park that I run by, and in the same general area, I frequently see a wrapped maxi pad on the ground.  Then it will be gone, and weeks later a new one will appear.  It's the reoccurring appearance & disappearance that makes it weird.

Umm, is it still clean and white or, you know, used?  Dead

Having recently been sprung from the state of West Virginia, while living there and running there, I ran by one home pretty much every run.  It was on a golf course and on a beautiful scenic roadway.  For months, in the spring into the summer, there was a pair of "Pink" brand panties laying in the landscaping. 

They were the Pink brand that Victoria Secret sells.  I wondered why the landscapers never picked them up. Every Friday they were there working in the mulch etc.  Those panties just lay there. 

Recently, in my new neighborhood, while on my run, I looked down and found a bundle of cash!  I looked around wondering if perhaps someone might be walking their dog but no one was around.  I picked it up and it was still damp from the morning dew.  It must have been lost the night before. 

It was $50.00!!  Woo Hoo!  That was a good run! 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Umm, is it still clean and white or, you know, used?  Dead

She said wrapped, so presumably ready for anyone who happens by and has a, um, contingency.

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

She said wrapped, so presumably ready for anyone who happens by and has a, um, contingency.

Blush

If you're a woman you'd know that you wrap it after it's used.  Depending on the disposal method.  Some brands come with their own after wrap packaging.  Yes, gross.  Tight lips

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

- Andrew

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Blush

If you're a woman you'd know that you wrap it after it's used.  Depending on the disposal method.  Some brands come with their own after wrap packaging.  Yes, gross.  Tight lips

TMI

an amazing likeness

Just skate on by and don't flounder.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Wandering Wally

Weirdest thing I've ever seen is bear droppings.  Some of you folks run in strange places.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Encouragement welcome

I saw a severed cow's head on the road during my first 5k.  

And it was gone 15 minutes later when i looped around....

Pace Goal : 14 mm

5k Goal: 40 minutes

10k, half, and marathon someday....

(Hey, I'm just getting started!)

Ojo

This struck me as odd -- off the road almost as though thrown from a car.

Sara

MM #2929

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I saw a condom on the ground in my neighborhood this morning. I almost stepped on it.
                              PsychRunning

An inpatient patient of mine was running away from the hospital. She recognized me, ran the other direction, and was caught be security. After my run when I saw her she said I could run with the devil.