Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Jess runs for bacon

On my group run this weekend I saw a guillotine. A real guillotine.

bobruns

While visiting my folks a couple of years ago on a run I ran by a house that had a couple of syringes on the sidewalk in front of their house.  The house itself was in serious disrepair with a couple of broken windows, the front door was missing, and their was no siding on one side.  To this day we refer to it as the crack house. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think no one is going to beat crazy women and guillotines.  This thread has reached the limit.

Strict WTF adherent

Last night, I saw a floppy disk

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I saw one last decade.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did you time travel?!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

A few years back I was on a long run on the Towpath between Cleveland and Akron, and I ran right past a beaver who was chowing down his breakfast.  I got close enough that I could have reached down and slapped his tail as I ran past.  Crazy rodent was clearly thinking with its stomach since it didn't even budge as I was running past. 

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

I saw a used condom on the ground and it made me really happy because someone in Guatemala was using a condom Smile

xhristopher

I was trying to get a couple easy miles at lunch today when a woman insisted I stop to help her. I didn't really want to stop but she kept insisting. She then showed me her car keys that she dropped down the storm drain. The only English words she spoke was "keys." She would point at her keys then me then back at her keys.

I told her I didn't know how I could help if she couldn't get them and she should call a tow truck or something but she insisted and insisted that I get her keys. She kept insisting as if if she knew all the other people around were useless and I was the chosen one. This is despite the fact that I was running and it took extra effort to stop me.

So, I took her stick leftover from the most recent Survivor challenge and refashioned it to something useful and spent the next 5-10 minutes lying flat on the ground surrounded by Chinese women chattering away with my head against this drain digging and digging for car keys four feet below in a pile of leaves through a thin grate.

The smiles below tell the rest of the story...

Moral: Don't drop your stinking keys down a storm grate people.

Hip Redux

Today I saw what must have been the remnants of a chicken.  I think.  There were a lot of feathers all over the road.  Either that or a serious pillow fight.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

She kept insisting as if if she knew all the other people around were useless and I was the chosen one. This is despite the fact that I was running and it took extra effort to stop me.

She knows a sucker nice guy when she sees one.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've just returned from a 5 mile easy/recovery run on which I was joined by my wife and two friends. We were running through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and at 2.5 miles in we were joined by a young doe. The deer must have seen us as a pack, and proceeded to run with us for the remainder of our run. If I sped up, it sped up staying about 3-4 feet off my hip. It was strange and awesome all at the same time.

Once while on an out of town trip I found the empty box that someone bought a pistol in.  That, the broken liquor bottles and used condoms scattered along the road made me decide I should run in a different neighborhood.  I was probably safe, though, as the bad guys are not up at 6 a.m.

amn77

It wasn't seen on the ground, but recently I was visiting my parents and went out for a run in their neighborhood. A man in a white van pulled up next to me and asked if I wanted some enchiladas. It was around 8:00 in the morning. He even held a takeout container out the window to show me. Guess I looked hungry.

Allyson

Mostly harmless

Last spring while running on the C&O Canal Towpath I nearly stepped on a butterfly. After I did a little hop around it, it flew up next to me for a few seconds then out in front of me along the trail.  It stayed in front of me, just coasting along for at least a half mile.  As soon as it landed off to the side of the trail another butterfly flew out and took the place of the first one.  This one didn't stay with me for nearly as far but maybe a quarter mile or so and left me as I entered a wooded part of the trail.

This seemed like something I might have experienced while under the influence of recreational pharmaceuticals once upon a time.  Maybe a flashback?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi