Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Half Fanatic #846

I have been in a rocking chair, but I don't think anyone saw me...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

I have seen someone slip on a banana peel. I also, just yesterday, saw a little girl licking a big lollipop.

Things I have not seen.

1.  A doctor wearing a big round mirror strapped to his head.

2.  An old person in a rocking chair.

3. .A dog named Fido

You might also appreciate this.

50 Common Misconceptions

Dave

Car smashed baby alligator (about 8 inches long) on the driveway in front of the lobby of our corporate park. In Connecticut. WTF?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

I don't find it too wierd but people in another state might.  Seems almost no matter where I run I always come across an empty medical marijuana container.  They are like brightly colored film cases if you have not seem them.  They all have been empty so far lol  Usually laying off the edge of the trail or sidewalk in the bushes.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

zonykel

I saw an alligator yesterday. Third time I see it, but first time it was completely out of the water.

There was a giant dildo on the side of the road by my house once.  It was there for about a whole week before someone picked it up.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Well, I guess I can add "a bomb blast" to my list of weirdest things.  WTF.

I'm fine and home safely, but what a fucked up day that was!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, I guess I can add "a bomb blast" to my list of weirdest things.  WTF.

I'm fine and home safely, but what a fucked up day that was!

Something no one should ever have to encounter.  Glad you're safe.

AnneCA

Words, written on the ground, in shit.  Not smeared on with a stick or something, but . . . extruded.  Like frosting on a cake.

It was on concrete, at the edge of a park where I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone sleeping, or peeing.  But how the heck did they do this?  I was a stride or two past before it clicked what it was, and, no, I didn't double back to see what it said.  The writing was a bit messy, but, really, not too bad.

Oh roo roooo!

Words, written on the ground, in shit.  Not smeared on with a stick or something, but . . . extruded.  Like frosting on a cake.

It was on concrete, at the edge of a park where I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone sleeping, or peeing.  But how the heck did they do this?  I was a stride or two past before it clicked what it was, and, no, I didn't double back to see what it said.  The writing was a bit messy, but, really, not too bad.

Like "words" as in "more than one"?  How much shit was involved?  The logistics of this are mind-boggling....maybe a team effort?  Saved up for days?

I'm picturing the Gettysburg Address or something, and wish I wasn't.

AnneCA

It was at least two words, because there were two rows.  Cursive.

Mostly harmless

It was at least two words, because there were two rows.  Cursive.

This made me laugh out loud at my desk and get weird looks from a co-worker walking past.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

nikki545

A used condom hanging from a tree limb.  Ew.

FlyinFree

This made me laugh out loud at my desk and get weird looks from a co-worker walking past.

X 100 I spit water all over the keyboard on this one! hahaha  At lease I am in an office alone.

hmm, I have seen dildos, pot, runners packets with cash and info, alligators all the time, I am in FL.... but I think the weirdest thing had to be this group of doll heads!

yup, I was on the Tampa upper trail, very early morning and there were like 5 broken doll heads.  VERY WEIRD!!!

oh, one time I found a box of kittens, with ants all over them.  I called and my lady took them to the shelter.