Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Am I doing this right?

But he needs advice on his running clothes/shoes.

I used to wear cut off jeans but seemed to draw too much attention.

No excuses....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Today I saw this on the ground while out running.

Latent Runner

My wife happened across the body of a murder victim floating in a stream back when she lived in Dallas in the 80s.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
        • 2-mile: 13:49
        • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
        • 5-Mile: 37:24
        • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
        • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
        • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

fledgling spotted owl?

My wife happened across the body of a murder victim floating in a stream back when she lived in Dallas in the 80s.

JR?

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Latent Runner

I rather doubt she looked hard enough to determine if was JR or not (no great loss if it had been); as she tells the story, she ran to a nearby gas station and asked for them to call the police; they refused, the folks at the gas station didn't believe she'd found a dead body.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
            • 2-mile: 13:49
            • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
            • 5-Mile: 37:24
            • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
            • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
            • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
            BatmanThePirate

Turtes mating.

Sjpcollins

Dog do, with multi coloured sprinkles in it. God knows what it had eaten.

keeponrunning

If there was an award for "cutest thing seen on the ground while running" you'd be a sure winner.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

pedaling fool

EDIT:   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^   WOW! I just saw the pic above; figure the odds

I saw one of these (Barred Owl) today on my run http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/barred_owl.htm

He was big and stocky and had a squirrel in his talons as he sat on a stone wall; the squirrel looked like it was already half eaten.

I hear them almost everytime I run in this area, but never saw one until today and I was close, probably not much more than 20 ft from it. As I was approaching him I was drifting closer and closer to him to see how close I could get, but then he prepared to launch so I backed off; he just stayed put as I ran by.

It would have been an outstanding picture if I had my camera

Kalsarikännit

Chicago mayor (and former White House Chief of Staff) Rahm Emanuel running on the Lakefront Path (technically at some points he was on the ground, so I'm going with it).  He looked good.

Probably not so weird since he is a triathlete (I voted for him anyways).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Was he wearing a onesie?

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

Was he wearing a onesie?

Sadly, no. I should have asked if he has a $2000 helmet that takes six seconds off his time.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Not too weird, but interesting- the other day I came across two bats in different places along  the road that had apparently been hit by cars. Never seen any before this in many years of running. Went back out later and brought one in to study a bit. Myotis evota or Myotis keenii, I think. Fascinating little creatures, a wonder of evolution for sure- their "fingers" that have grown out to support their flying membranes are quite amazing.

kk_kittenkat

Chicago mayor (and former White House Chief of Staff) Rahm Emanuel running on the Lakefront Path (technically at some points he was on the ground, so I'm going with it).  He looked good.

Probably not so weird since he is a triathlete (I voted for him anyways).

'I voted for him anyway'.

(Fixed it).

kk_kittenkat

I love owls, they are absolutely beautiful.