Duplicate imported workouts from Garmin Training Center (Read 649 times)

rob1976

I'm a new user to RunningAHEAD and have approximately 4 years of workouts to import from the Garmin Training Center (~450-460 workouts).

I exported the TCX file, zipped it up to a 3.73MB zip file and then uploaded in the "Import your training data from a data file" function under the Tools menu.

It would look as if every imported workout duplicated during the import process.

Duplicate imported workouts

Within the Training Center there is no duplication.

Is duplicate workouts a known issue with the TCX import? Is the workaround simply to manually delete every second workout?

I am using: Windows Vista SP2, Firefox 3.0.11, Forerunner 301 (3.20) and Garmin Training Center 3.2.2.

Advance thanks for your help,

Robert.

N.B. Why the 4-year export from the Training Center? I was a MotionBased customer but since June 30 new uploads are not accepted and my previous workouts are not appearing in the new Connect site. My previous methodology was to upload to the Training Center, then upload to MotionBased. My Forerunner 301 does have a complete workout history, however as per http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/2e35e39a9ea648279330eaa4f159fb0e the map history is deleted from older runs (for me, runs before June 2009).

eric :)

rob1976,

The most likely explanation is that you clicked the import button twice.  Rather than saving every other workout, which would get very tedious with 4 years of data, you should delete everything with the "Delete All" button at the bottom of the page and then reimport it.  Welcome to RA!

eric :-)

rob1976

Thanks for your quick reply!

I deleted all of the imported workouts and re-executed the upload as per your advice.

And it worked. Great!

I'm hoping to have all of my workouts saved into RA over the next week.

Goodbye MotionBased. Hello RA!

Cheers,

Rob.