YTD (Read 812 times)

Eric, First, thanks for the year to date mileage feature. I have noticed a problem with it, I think it's because my settings are metric. I ran 11 km today and it shows it as 11 miles. Also, it would be neat to have vertical lines every 100 miles if possible. Thanks. - R
    eric :)

I've fixed the distance unit issue. I'm not too sure how easy it is to create vertical lines, which was why I added the mileage under each person's name instead. Only the finish line is an image. I did it that way to reduce bandwidth. And it's somewhat difficult to "draw" things with HTML, even though they're only lines.
        Thanks, it now works Smile As for the lines, gotcha, it's html. I thought the YTD progress was a graph just like the weekly graphs with the bars on the horizontal instead. Which I figure are automatically generated drawings and have the grid lines there. Not a biggie though, just thought it would be more legible. Another suggestion would be to be able to scroll through the leader board past the first 10, just like we do for scrolling alphabetically. Thanks again for implementing this feature! - R
          I had a bit of fun trying to create the graph in html. See YTD I don't know if it helps. - R

Ron, that's pretty cool! The only issue that I see is the runner icon. I'm quite tired right now and couldn't think straight. Maybe there's no problem. I'm not sure how it will behave if you have 99, 199, 299... miles. There might not be room to fit the image into the table cell. I'll think more about this. If you figure it out, let me know and I'll add it. eric Smile
              Yeh, I hadn't thought of that one. I've updated the link up there with the last runner between two cells. I just do a colspan=3 in that case. - R

You got some good ideas. I'll look more into it when I get a chance. Thanks for the effort!
                edcote

Say, can I add this YTD graph (or week/month) for any group? I saw it working on the 1,000 mi club but couldn't get it working on mine.
                    Hey all Same q. as edcote: How can I put this YTD on a group? -I can not find this option any place! -and not in forum or Help. MVH Anders P.

Denmark

There is no automated way of adding YTD to a group. I'm currently weighing the pros and cons of allowing any group to have that feature. I don't know how that would affect the existing mileage groups, as in would that take members away from them?
                        Hi Eric -Thanks for fast response. It was not take members away from the mileage groups. Just to compare each other in a single group -without the bunny, to se how far each member had run in YTD. - I add some in "Suggestions and Feature Requests" about my idea. -Anders

Denmark

There is no automated way of adding YTD to a group. I'm currently weighing the pros and cons of allowing any group to have that feature. I don't know how that would affect the existing mileage groups, as in would that take members away from them?
                          I know there was a somewhat-heated debate about mileage-tracking in groups that I wouldn't want to ignite again, but I wanted to throw my support behind a way to graph the group members' mileage in a comparison chart by selecting a certain date, week, month or year. This of course could be optional for the group depending on whether the group owner turned it on or off. But for more competitive groups and HS/College teams, it would be nice. Like so: This is obviously not a high priority feature, but I found it nice when entering summer mileage with my college team who are scattered all over the country and being able to see what everybody was doing without having to go into all their logs individually. Again, thanks for such a great site and taking the time to consider all these feature requests!

The next task is to improve the reporting capabilities of groups. I like to keep the mileage charts unique to the mileage groups for now. However, the plan is to add some sort of searching form to groups so you can do basic queries with the members' mileage numbers.