iPod durability? (Read 982 times)

I recommend the...(drum roll please...) :-).....iPod Shuffle....I know...I know...but, I recommend it highly! I have the old school, pack of gum shuffle and have run in the rain, taken it to the beach, dropped it, sweated profusely on it, etc. and it has never locked up on me. I have about 5500 songs on my eMac and have put them into different lists for whatever mood I am in and switch out the songs on my shuffle as the mood strikes. It hold 240 songs which is more than enough for any of the distances that I have or will run and the variety and randomness suits my personality. So, I recommned it highly...but, it gets betters.... The NEW SHUFFLE comes out in October...only like $70....and it has a clip on it to make it easy to attach anywhere for our runs. I am psyched to try it out! Happy running, all!!!
    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
      no offense or anything but people need to stop buying ipods....they are retarted.....they have music,photos, and videos....but no radio tuner....well you can get one for 40 dollars....but yeah...they are getting retarted
      JakeKnight

no offense or anything but people need to stop buying ipods....they are retarted.....they have music,photos, and videos....but no radio tuner....well you can get one for 40 dollars....but yeah...they are getting retarted
        No offense or anything ... but I really get a kick out of people who call other people's stuff "retarted" (sic) repeatedly, and manage not to know how to spell it. Because that's just retarded. And I just love irony. Now ... if you can tell me where I can actually buy a new iPod for 40 bones, I'll stop laughing at you. That would be sweet.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do you suppose the #14 in his membername is his age or IQ? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

aranjit

I'd like to get the Nike+ mod for xmas presuming I get well and truely hooked on running Smile
            I ran with a 4G iPod in my hand for quite a while until I got my nano and haven't had many problems with either. Though I didn't drop it so I can comment on the durability of the full size iPod in that department. Also Apple does sell an FM tuner than will work with any iPod they have. I think the main benefit of getting the iPod Nano is that you can get the Nike iPod Sport Kit which should give you pace etc. From the reviews of the Nike+ website it sounds like its pretty cool as well. It will be interesting to hear how Running Ahead compares to it.

Smell the glove

hands down, running ahead is better than the nike+ flash site for keeping up with run stats. The only thing i like about the nike+ site is that there's a pretty cool graph that maps your pace throughout your workout.
              kendahl

I've run with several different ipod models, but really nothing beats the (old) shuffle. Load up a mix of running tunes, put it on random and stuff it in a pair of shorts with a back zipper pocket. On a sweaty day, I'll wrap it with saran wrap to keep it from shorting out (this happened to me on an 18 miler in San Diego). It's barely noticeable back there and easy to work with if you need to during the run. The battery lasts forever so you can just keep it in your running bag. New shuffle should be cool too but not necessary for running if you've got the right shorts. Lately, I've been playing with the new nano with the Nike Plus attachment, but I think the novelty will wear off over time. It's more delicate and harder to work with on the run. The arm band is a pain compared the shuffle pocket solution.