Can't reply using Google Chrome (Read 111 times)

shu_runner

When I try to respond to a post, I'm unable to type anything using Google Chrome.  I'm not experiencing this issue with IE or Safari.  I tried reinstalling Chrome, but that did not resolve the issue.  It doesn't appear to be an issue with any other site I'm using on Chrome.  Not sure if anyone else is running into this issue.

Thanks!

I have the same issue but I thought it was some kid of security setting on my office computer.  I can reply only by quoting the last post then deleting that quote box.

shu_runner

For what it's worth, I'm having it happen on my work computer and personal laptop.

DaBurger

I just replied in Google Chrome

MTA: and modified

Know thyself.

rmcj001

For what it's worth, I'm having it happen on my work computer and personal laptop.

So, what version of Chrome? e.g. Mine reports "Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)" Do you have plugins installed? If, so, which ones?

What OS are you running (version of MacOS, Windows, Linux) ?

What anti-virus are you running? What version? If you turn it off do things work?

Ray

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I'm running Chrome in Linux.  When I bring up the reply, I can't edit text in the box.  The cursor doesn't appear when I start typing.  However, as you can see, I've found a work-around.  Simply clicking the "Bold" button, typing, and then unbolding the text gets things going.  After that it works normally.

Chromium 57.0.2987.98 (Developer Build) (64-bit)
              Revision a6a06b78087c9fdb4b12fe0ac1b87fdc10179f8b
              OS Linux
              JavaScript V8 5.7.492.63
              Flash (Disabled)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

npaden

Same with me.  Using chrome just with windows though.

Thanks for the tip.  I clicked B then started typing and it worked.

The "Post" button in the bottom right was grayed out until I clicked B.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

i just replied from chrome too, it is tricky/annoying though. you have to click around randomly till you find the prompt

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

I have the same issue but I thought it was some kid of security setting on my office computer.  I can reply only by quoting the last post then deleting that quote box.

Same here, brah.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

No problem using Chrome on Chromebook Version 56.0.2924.110 (64-bit).

mikeymike

It's all good, I'll just type everything in bold from now on.

Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) on macOS Sierra 10.12.4

Runners run

kcam

Italics is how I roll.

eric :)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info.  If you can't type in Chrome, please tell me about the version and the operating system you're using.  I've been trying to reproduce the problem for the last month or so but haven't been successful.  I have an idea of the cause, but will need to repro the problem first.

eric Smile

Chrome, Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)

Windows 7, Version 6.1

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info.  If you can't type in Chrome, please tell me about the version and the operating system you're using.  I've been trying to reproduce the problem for the last month or so but haven't been successful.  I have an idea of the cause, but will need to repro the problem first.

eric Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Okay, just to test, I went to Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 on Windows 7, and the TinyMCE editing area seems to be disabled.

Problem solved by clicking the bold B (and reclicking it, if you don't want to be like Mikey) or starting out with a happy face. I guess clicking any of the function buttons brings it to life.

I recall a similar problem on my Kindle Silk browser.