Can't reply using Google Chrome (Read 111 times)

npaden

Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)

Windows 10 Pro

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Simply clicking the "Bold" button, typing, and then unbolding the text gets things going.

Click, reclick. No typing necessary.

Joann Y

Click, reclick. No typing necessary.

Yep.

rmcj001

I'm wonder what other Chrome settings might be effecting things, 'cuz I haven't seen the problem on any of my browsers,

currently using Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) on Windows Pro 10.  So, it seems to be version and OS independent.

Those that are having problems are you running with "Remember me" checked? (that's on the runningahead login page)

Ray

an amazing likeness

The issue is that when the text editor comes up in Chrome -- after you click reply -- the "focus" of the web page doesn't move to the editor's 'typing space'.

If you click in the text editor at position 2,1 -- which is second line down, first char -- right under the bold B -- you'll see the insertion bar come active and you can type away.  All the other tricks (quote, delete it, etc) are just doing the same...bringing the web page's focus to the text editing box.

Definitely seems Chrome specific.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

rmcj001

Bingo!  Well, think I confirmed my last hypothesis...Connected using an incognito window with chrome, left "Remember Me" unchecked, logged in and tried to reply.  Click in the input box, nothing, click Bold button twice and cursor appears...So, I think those of us not having problems have checked "Remember Me" when logging in...Not sure why it makes a difference, Eric?

Ray

eric :)

I don't think the remember me option is related.  It can't be because it's completely server side.  I'm thinking the latest Chrome is not compatible with the current version of the WYSIWYG editor.  I'll try upgrading to the latest version.

rmcj001

I guess I was too quick to conclude. Interesting. think you're right Eric, must be some other setting.  Did a second test checking remember me in incognito window and it didn't fix the problem.  Weird is that I don't see the problem in my normal Chrome browser.

Ray

rmcj001

Eric - more information on problem.  Tried another test, logged out and then back in - mistake!  I now see the problem, tho Milktruck is correct in that you have to click somewhere on the first line in the window to change focus (multiple tests to verify anywhere on first line). So, it looks like the window to change focus isn't matching the box displayed.

Still, wonder what about my saved session was different that things were working before I actually logged out...

Ray

runmichigan

I'm using Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home and experience the focus issue.  If I click in just the right spot in the reply box I get my focus back.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Maybe a load order problem. The focus event happens before the editor is fully loaded?

eric :)

Hi all,

I upgraded the WYSIWYG editor to the latest version and the problem seems to be fixed.  Let me know if this is not the case for you.  Thank you.

eric Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

On Chromebook, I still have to click in the top line. I will clear my cache and try again shortly. I'd call it a moderate problem, because the uninitiated might not realize they need to click at the top of the text area.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Cleared cache & cookies, and behavior is the same. The text area is not active to begin with, and can be activated only in the top line of the area.

Joann Y

Works.