404 items have been censored, right? (Read 662 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

When I click on something in the last ten (or whatever) list on the right, and it gives a 404 error, that means it was something that was censored?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

When I click on something in the last ten (or whatever) list on the right, and it gives a 404 error, that means it was something that was censored?

I think it was removed from the server. Same as censored, but to a larger degree.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

#artbydmcbride

Probly

Runners run

I saw one of the "subject line removed" post, didn't click it, but yes it was permanently censored, and the others were SPAM.

an amazing likeness

Yep.  You'll have to use another site for nekid Kim Kardashian fotos. 

Thank goodness.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

I think it was removed from the server. Same as censored, but to a larger degree.

Yes.  When a post is censored, the thread remains... it just has a little note that says "post censored..." etc.

When a thread is removed, there's nothing left.  So URLs pointing to the missing thread kick back a 404 error... which is the generalized http error you get from any request that points to nothing.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There were a bunch of shoe ones, that I thought might be parody, but I guess not.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

This is a bug in the forum code.  You're not supposed to be able to open a censored thread.  However, some of these topics are cached.  The censor info wasn't propagated to the cache.  When you try to open a censored thread, the security check kicks in and denied access to the topic.  There should be another bit of code downstream that will display a better error message.