Go, Flying Monkeys! (Read 702 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woot! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

woot woot
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Woot woot woot! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, how are our little lesser primates doing? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

WOOT WOOT WOOT!! Race results?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

1. My legs hurt 2. Jake Knight beat me. But I had to take phone calls the entire race. That counts, doesn't it? 3. What a great day in terms of weather and volunteers and enthusiasm. This is what marathoning should be. 4. A couple of DNFs. Results - www.harpethhillsmarathon.com More to come...Thanks all!!

Why is it sideways?

I met the gorilla after the race. He ran a PR (4:11ish?) on a killer course. Seemed to be enjoying the post-race beer even more than the PR! Great job!
                JakeKnight

I met the gorilla after the race. He ran a PR (4:11ish?) on a killer course. Seemed to be enjoying the post-race beer even more than the PR! Great job!
                  Pssst. Note to Jeff: if you don't start bragging about yourself pretty quick, I'm going to do it for you. And nobody wants that. Smile

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

Alright--I had a great race, too. Won the darned thing and ran about 10 minutes faster than I'd hoped. But the real kudos go to Trent, the volunteers, and Percy Warner Park in Nash-vegas for putting on an awesome race. It's a great marathon, so mark your calendars folks and come on down to Nashville next year!

Cryptic

Yeah a 2:50:25 on that course is rather amazing. i would take the 4:11 with out thinking twice though. You both rocked it out. Sorry I couldn't make it out there to watch. My game got moved to 9 am in springfield. Congrats again.
                      JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's a great marathon, so mark your calendars folks and come on down to Nashville next year!
                          Maybe not next year...but in a few I might be interested. I want to at least do the Grand Rapids Marathon and Chicago before I think of anything as challenging as Trent's. So maybe before I turn 40 that would be a good goal race! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and you guys RAWK!!! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Cryptic

JK how the heck did you PR on that course. Amazing! As far as next year goes I think I have been left with enough imagery to be scared for at least that long. It does sound like everyone had a blast. Beer after the race ahhhh Glad everyone had fun I guess being I live here in nashville I have to run it aye Confused

You'll ruin your knees!

Dang, the brag box is gonna be stuffed full this month! Way to go monkeymen! I guess I decoyed all the flying monkeys to TX for my long weekend. I expect "recognition" for my part in your accomplishments! Way to go! Trent, nice job on a difficult task. Directing races is not easy and anyone who does deserves lots of THANKS! If you haven't already, take time to put together a list of what worked well and what didn't for future reference. It can make a big difference for you (or someone else, if not you) next year. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)