Log Walking Miles on Shoes (Read 940 times)

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Hi Eric - Just a suggestion. On other logs, I have been able to log the miles I walk on my shoes. I am easily able to log the miles I run using the Running Ahead log, but either I can't figure it out or it simply isn't there to log miles on my shoes when I log a walk. Thanks so much! I probably walk more miles than I run, though I'm working on that Shy
    March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
    PWL

Has been

You can go into options and change one of your custom running types to "Walking" and just use that. Then the site will include your walking miles in the shoe mileage totals.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Great tip - I've added "walking" as a "running" option!

Jeanne

OK, I'm lame. I can't find that options setting. I added walking to my workout profile (under other workouts) but it still doesn't come up. I noticed that I couldn't fake-out the running log by logging a very slow pace. Sad Can you give me more info on how to log a walking day? Is it from the training log page or the options in the right hand corner? thanks

2008 Goals: 10k < 44, HM < 1:40, learn to use my Garmin

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

couch - Try this: Options My Log Preferences Workout Types: Running under Types, choose your favorite color and type Walking into the blank to the left of the color Click "Save" Walk on!

Jeanne

Hi Mum, THANKS! all set now. Smile

2008 Goals: 10k < 44, HM < 1:40, learn to use my Garmin

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Thank you SOOOO much! I really appreciate the help on this!
                March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)

Glad you guys got it figured out; that's how I put it in too.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)