Haiku (Read 1054 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

There once was a girl from Nantucket.... oh, wait, no, that's not it... I run to exhaustion Till I cannot take another step I turn and run home Cooler weather comes Like a lube job for my running sole I can go farther, faster Full moon Creates quite interesting shadows that Make good running partners Heart's a pumping Muscles are responding, showing off God, I love this! Thank you Lord For allowing me to enjoy Nature on a run All for now! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Up at 5am to log ten more sweaty miles. No wonder I'm tired. Retired shoes last night. I'll retire a pair today There goes $200. Started my morning with ten miles under crisp skies, bright stars and half moon.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Went running today, but did not fully prepare. Returned with one sock.
          Racing for the Cure Long ribbon of sweating pink Moves forward with hope Asics, Saucony Adidas, Brooks, New Balance Running shoe fetish. Sweaty runner splits Swarming gnats, small and unseen Gives some a free ride. Fireman’s Festival Heroes saving Roscommon Don’t see a runner. Worn path, trees, river Late summer, Mason Tract Trail Russ taking the lead. Mist on the South Branch Brook trout glides over gravel Two kayakers watch.
            The mother wind howls Dirty socks litter the floor No one hears your screams OK, it's not running related exactly, but a reason I run!!! Undecided
            It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, until you lose.
              My ankle grows large Achilles tendonitis Curse you, Achilles! Unable to run Nikes wrapped in lonliness I'm in a big funk My future's not bleak NSAIDS are my new best friend One day I'll return
                BlkBltMom sidelined Mental state worse than ankle Needs to stay upbeat
                  How to stay upbeat? Renegade ferret on lam I think I need beer Big grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BlkBltMom get well! Hope your tendon heals quickly It's beer-thirty, right?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Beer...food of the gods Golden. liquid refreshment I cannot stand up
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

Beer...food of the gods Golden. liquid refreshment I cannot stand up
                        A favorite movie: Jackie Chan: "Drunken Master" Fights better when drunk!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jackie Chan's the shit! Can't wait for next Rush Hour. Buddy films are great!

~ Sarah Kay

Finally a call Seeing the doctor for pain Back pain go away
                            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                              Why see a doctor When beer and wine run free Drink enough, pain gone
                              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Homer S. was right Mmm...beer. Cure for what ails ya' Wine from a box, too!

~ Sarah Kay