Blisters, BLISTERS, BLISTERS!! (Read 68 times)

majjames

I am fairly new to consistently running so I am still on the look out for tips or tricks that have worked for others.

I need some help!!  I am constantly getting blisters on the insides of my feet everytime I run.  I got new shoes less than a year ago. I don't wear cotton socks. I have tried duct tape to reduce friction.  I have tried Body Glide and baby powder.  I have tried Luekotape.  I changed the insoles in my shoes recently.  I even tightened my shoelaces to keep my feet from moving too much.  Everything has worked exactly ONE time and then my next run results in blisters. 😣😣😣  Is there anything else I can do to prevent blisters so I can run without getting blisters???

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Are your shoes too big?

Do you get blisters in non-running shoes?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Vasoline.

If your blisters are in the same spot I would think it was the shoes

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

dhuffman63

Trails

Get a copy of the book Fixing Your Feet by John Vonhoff. It's the best. Where are the blisters?

It sounds like the wrong shoes, especially because they're so old.

If it's the bottom of your feet, your shoes are too big and allow your foot to slide around. Or they are too wide and you have narrow feet.

You can always do what hikers do, wear two pairs of thin socks. It's hot, but if it prevents blisters it might be worth it. I recommend Injinji socks, they have toes, which prevents blisters between toes. They make a thin "liner" sock that you can wear under your regular running socks.

Ultimately, I think you'll need different shoes. Maybe some of the knit upper ones would work best for you. Many good running stores have a treadmill and you can run a bit in shoes to try them out for "hot spots" that will turn into blisters.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Christirei

I used to get blisters all of the time on the ends of my toes but Balega makes a blister protect sock that i really love, they are pricey but last a long time

Half Fanatic #846

The day before I started wearing 'double-layered running socks' was the last time I got a blister. That was about eight years ago. There are several brands, and I order mine online - they seem to last a fairly long time.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

berylrunner

Rick

be barefoot as much as possible

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59