trigger point massage (Read 125 times)

mananingot

Hi runners,

Does anyone have an experience in using triggerpoint (www.triggerpoints.net) massage in treating running related aches and pains? 

I've never been to a physio or foot doctor in 4 years of running but have managed to treat my aches and pains succesfully.

J-L-C

I have a softball, baseball, golf ball, rolling pin, and foam roller. I massage anything and everything that hurts. Call it trigger point or myofascial or whatever, but it's the only way I can possibly function while training.

DataJunkie

I have a softball, baseball, golf ball, rolling pin, and foam roller. I massage anything and everything that hurts. Call it trigger point or myofascial or whatever, but it's the only way I can possibly function while training.

+1. add lacrosse ball to the list.

this ^

Get off my porch

Chris T

I have a softball, baseball, golf ball...

Me, too.

And I use them at every warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse.

mananingot

Same thing for me J-L-C,

I have have discovered the use of all possible things in the house just to find that soft spot. Wooden laddles, edge of chair (for the hammies), etc..

Gator eye

Oh bowling pins are killer for the bottoms of your feet.

nindyfranks

spam