PRE DAWN PATROL week of 7 Jan (Read 657 times)

Good Morning Gang, No run for me yet. I'm going to the gym later this morning. Finally had a chance to sleep in so I did. Have a Great Day!!
    Happy Running,
    Troy
    "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

still alive

Heading out the door for a quick 3 miler right now.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Marathonmanleto

5:35am-7 miles. shorts, tee shirt and no gloves for a change--54 degrees. WhooHoo!
        wanderingoutlaw

4.4 miles in 49:30 this morning. Patchy fog and 44F degrees.

John

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Troy, I hope you enjoyed your sleeping in, you certainly deserve it, no get your but to the gym Big grin Greg How was your run in Fargo? What the weatehr iek? Joe sounds nice and warm in MI! John Nice run for you in cool temps. No run for me, I have been sick in bed with a very nasty virus since Friday. I'm finally out of bed but am still pretty weak. Hopefully I'll get out there in a couple of days. The worst part is our weather is really nice. Hig of 64F today!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

As always, I'll start my week with a rest day. I feel good after the 23 Sat and an easy 6 on Sun. I'm looking forward to an interval session on Tue and excited about these final 4 weeks before the taper. Have a great day everyone. Ray

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Good Afternoon All As promised to the gym for 3.2 torturous miles on the dreadmill but better than nothing. Guess I haven't been running enough as it was total torture. Kevin - Get well soon. From Rolling road how do you get on the trail that runs down the Pkwy? Ray - Enjoy the deserved rest. John - Great 4.4. Joe - Great run to you also.
                Happy Running,
                Troy

Body is fairly achy, but I'm going to try for a 10km run tonight.

Vim

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Troy here is a map of the trail that intersects Rolling road. Notice that it is not directly on 7100 at this point. If you turn left onto the trail (the turn left is hidden pretty well so look carefully) it goes down a hill in between some town houses and then you turn right along side 7100 but the trail will cross back over at Sydenstricker Road in less than a mile. It will run along this side of 7100 until you get to route 123 where it gets a bit confusing again, but I don't think you'll be going all that far? Model, good luck on your run tonight.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                    Ride 112 miles.
                    Run 26.2 miles.

Thanks Kevin. I might on the bike. Cool
                      Happy Running,
                      Troy

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

In that case here is another picture! You can ignore the deviation off of Burke Center Pkwy. Speaking of which there is a shopping center at the corner of Burke Center Pkwy and in that shopping center is my favorite running store, Potomac River Running.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                        Ride 112 miles.
                        Run 26.2 miles.

I know that store, I use it a lot also. Haven't been there since I got back up here. You know the hardest part for me is getting up rolling road with out getting killed before I get to the trail. Undecided
                          Happy Running,
                          Troy

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

don't I know it. I would probably drive to South Run park and base out of there.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                            Ride 112 miles.
                            Run 26.2 miles.

I did a post dawn patrol 10K. I should have gone to bed!

Vim

Good Tuesday morning gang. I set out for an interval session but the energy for the speed just wasn't there. I can't explain why. I did a half in 3:30 and a mile in 6:48 and the rest of the 5 miles was easy. Total was 5 miles, 40 minutes. I just can't figure it out. Maybe I need a longer WU. I usually only do a mile WU in training but on race day I'll often do a 2-4 mile WU for a 5k or 10k.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.