Changing "type" of run (Read 541 times)

Kennedy

For a couple years, I have listed most of my runs as "General aerobic run," simply because Pfitzinger uses that terminology to describe "easy" runs. However, when I run doubles, "general aerobic run" is too long to fit in the calendar box. Is there a way to change all of my "general aerobic runs" to "easy" runs, for consistency sake? Also, is there a way to enter the run info so that the calendar box reads something like: AM - 6 miles easy PM - 4 miles easy

Lazy idiot

Changing run type: - Click on Options on the top right of your screen - Click on Manage My Activities - Click on Run - Click on the text of the run type you wish to change - Type in new name, click save I'm not sure the calendar supports the automatic display of doubles, but many have set up two different run types (easy, easy double). You could do something like set two run types of "AM Easy" and "PM Easy" and enter them in your log as appropriate. I can't say for certain that it would necessarily display in the order you wish, but at least they'd both be there and be distinct. I hope that helps.

Tick tock

Kennedy

Thanks, Drew. For the most part, that worked. I made runs titled "AM-Easy" and "PM-Easy," but you were right that they don't appear on the calendar in the order I ran them. Today, for example, the calendar shows "Easy 4 mi" on the top and "AM-Easy 4 mi" on the bottom. Not sure why my "PM-Easy" transferred to the calendar as just "Easy." Kennedy

Lazy idiot

you were right that they don't appear on the calendar in the order I ran them. Today, for example, the calendar shows "Easy 4 mi" on the top and "AM-Easy 4 mi" on the bottom. Not sure why my "PM-Easy" transferred to the calendar as just "Easy." Kennedy
          I'm not sure what drives the order in which those runs appear on the calendar, but I suppose as long as they are differentiated it should be okay? Also, I looked at your log regarding the PM-Easy not transferring to the calendar as such, and I admit I'm stumped here.

Tick tock

Kennedy

In case anyone else wants their doubles to appear in order on their calendar, I've apparently figured out how to do this. When you enter your first run of the day, in the time slot just enter "AM." Then enter "PM" when you do your second run of the day. I've been doing this and it appears to be working.