How to Stay Motivated/Stick With It? (Read 1609 times)

an amazing likeness

Keep entering races. As long as you know you have races to perform in (and you care somewhat about your performance) then you'll have something to motivate you.

That works...for the first hour of a race...then the feeling that you're just a generic balding, middle-aged guy who spends all day working on the same crap as the day before, and really aren't ever going to get out the mid-pack finish rut unless you start doing some gawd-darn-real-training-and-loose-some-damn-weight-will-ya sets in. And you just jog it in. Oh wait....that's me. Never mind.

I stick with it by...sticking with it.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

GntSqd

Well since I lasted posted on here my trip ended and I managed to get myself started on this Couch to 5k program. At the moment on the 3rd week, I would be on the 4th but it rained for about 5 days straight here so I had to sit out about a week. 

So far its going good, I'm running either every other day or every two days depending on how I feel and work. I have been modifying the program a bit. LIke for the 1st and 2nd week where you're suppose to run for a total of 20 minutes, instead I do it for about an hour. There's a 3-mile trail a block from my house so i've just been doing the whole "walk 60 seconds run 60 seconds" til I go all the way around.

I'm finding myself actually not worn out or demotivated or anything, it seems to do a good job of easing you into things. Even when I went for my first run I felt I could easily skip to week 3 and still feel like i have strength left over but I stuck with the order of things. Sometimes i'll say I lose track of time so I end up either walking for way longer than i'm suppose to or running for way longer than i'm suppose to.