New introduction (Read 621 times)

Hello all, I figured I better come out of lurk land and say hey to all of you. I have been logging with RunningAhead since June of '07, but didn't really know about the forums till recently. I posted on the Before and Now thread http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/2465f811e6874451a4c4beffb653992d because of the weight I have lost over the past year, but that was it so far. I started running for the first time in over 20 years last year when I started losing the weight. I am currently training for my first half marathon and was wondering if I could get any feedback on the training I have been doing getting ready for this race. Thanks! Tim
    "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
    My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com

Kill

Belated welcome and glad to see you out of lurk land, Tim. Check out the Half Marathon Trainers group - lots of folks there in your shoes.

Passion is a rather frightening thing because if you have passion you don't know where it will take you.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Thanks! Hopefully I can hang around a bit more. I don't have much input to offer since I am quite new to running, but I will hopefully be able to help out here and there. Tim
          Welcome aboard and away from Lurk Land! Big grin

Michelle

Another Passion

Hey, Tim! Nice to have you on forum board! I started out kinda the same, I logged all my runs on here, but wasn't aware of how cool the forums and groups were and now... let's just say DW thinks I have a bit of an obsession. Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I have been accused of having somewhat of a running obsession as well, but I am OK with that. When I find something I enjoy it absolutely consumes me, and that is what has happened with running. I used to run when I was in high school, and now I wonder why I stopped.... because I loved it back then too!