Marathon Training (Read 440 times)

Hi Guys I am training for my third marathon in 10 weeks time its been two years since I ran the distance but hoping to improve my pb of 4hrs 25 Im running a half marathon soon what time should I aim for also looking at my running log am I doing enough training. Thanks in advance Karenx

SMART Approach

Have you run a 5K recently? Really hard to predict without knowing your history. I am curious to know why you may be doing tempos back to back days. Also, sometimes your tempo pace is very close to long run pace. Maybe your long runs are done too fast. Just not the way to do it. Long runs should feel very comfortable, tempos should feel fairly hard...... You certainly should be able to run under a 9:30 pace but again, your miles are low and don't know your history. Based on your long run pace, you should be able to run 9 min pace for race but not sure if your paces are correct. A 5K race would tell us a lot about your fitness and also help determine more accurate training paces.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com