Is it stealing? (Read 379 times)

Thoughts?

it was:

colonel

in the kitchen with a sandwich.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

While technically a theft was committed here, incarceration appears unlikely.  If caught in the act by the mustard's owner, you might have to pay restitution or disgorge the fruits of the crime.

Half Fanatic #846

Well sure, for now it's just a dab of mustard. Before long, you'll find you've taken someone else's sandwich. Then a coke or a V-8 - whatever's available. Just like that, you've gone from petty to misdemeanor! And guess what's next? That's right, the "F" word: FELONY. Stop now while you may still have some self control!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

A Saucy Wench

I think you should post a sign on the fridge that states "Condiments, salad dressings, seasonings left in the break room are considered community property.  Thank you for contributing to a happy work environment"

Make it look all officially.  Nobody asks who posts signs like that.  Voila, policy is born.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

There needs to be a condiment sharing policy. If everyone ended up bringing in their own personal bottles of ketchup and mustard  and whatever else there wouldn't be room for all the drinks and sandwiches themselves. Then we are left with chaos.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think you should post a sign on the fridge that states "Condiments, salad dressings, seasonings left in the break room are considered community property.  Thank you for contributing to a happy work environment"

Make it look all officially.  Nobody asks who posts signs like that.  Voila, policy is born.

Communism.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

In a more blatant case, here's my tale of woe:

I stayed at a B&B before the Salmon Marathon. Put my Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso cans, my pre-race staple, in the community fridge. Race morning I got up and guess what, some asshat had stolen it. Obviously this is not replaceable on race morning. They also took our neighbor's lemonade.

At least they left the shower beer and kombucha.

Now that is a hanging offense!

steph  

ultramarathon/triathlete

There is a bottle of mustard in the break room refrigerator at work.  I don't know who it belongs to.  It is mostly full.  I used some of it on a sandwich today without saying anything.  Is that theft?  Is that the same as taking someone's lunch from the fridge?  Should I leave a note on the mustard bottle?  Thoughts?

Why don't you just find the mustard's owner and punch him/her in the face.  It's pretty much the same thing.  Shame on you.  ;-P

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team

You are okay as long as you make a donation of equal value to a charity of your choice

kaleidoscopeEyes

Sugnim Valsugnim, you are going to the galleys.

I hope your spicy brown transgression was worth it.

Forever a condiment convict.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Les Mustárdables!

sugnim

You all have shamed me in to making amends.  Behold: I've paid restitution to the owner of the mustard.

You said the mustard was mostly full. That one is darn close to empty. Either the owner drowns everything in gobs of mustard, everyone in the office took some too, or this is a forgery to clear your name on the forum! Something's not adding up. Wink

PS: Classic yellow is hardly a replacement for spicy brown

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Mysecondnewname

Plus, that strange discoloration on the left side of that bottle leads me to believe you're not the only one who's been using that mustard.  Definitely looks like a community condiment to me.  Joking

Walk-Jogger

You all have shamed me in to making amends.  Behold: I've paid restitution to the owner of the mustard.

Is that a bottle of Kirkland (Costco) sea salt on the counter in the background? Is it considered community salt? That might work in your defense, if so . . .

Retired &  Loving It

TigerEyess

Do people seriously get het up about condiment usage?  Doesn't everybody share condiments in the community fridge?  What, do people write their names on the salt and pepper too?

Dude, I'm not going to steal your sandwich, but you bring ketchup in to work, it's fair game.