One Race a Month - CHALLENGE - February (Read 3790 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Ok, here's the roster. Please let me know if you're still in or out...and check out January's thread: PowerOfQ MandyS - 2/10 antihero Ileneforward - 2/29 PrinceJ rgreen45 KennyRun Aamos BadDawg - DONE - 2/3 RuN26.2 - 2/17 & 2/24 ajha - DONE - 2/2 Runner67 sholtsman mcg - DONE - PR!!!! - 2/4 soccamom - 2/9 RunningSister I tried a Tri HoosierDaddy jeffdonahue - DONE - 2/6 alan f rockenmamof5 Pokey52 - 2/24 go grammy - 2/24 trentman359 - DONE - 2/3 timwilson sully702 SLOjim - 2/3 Freerunner - 2/16 MTA: and PLEASE log your result in the Virtual Racers forum (http://www.runningahead.com/groups/virtual/Forum)

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

jeffdonahue

I just logged my Jan race in the other thread. Here is my goal race for Feb: 1) 2/24/08 2) Hyannis, MA 3) Hyannis 10K 4) 10K 5) Goal - not sure as I hired a coach this year and will have to see how he wants me to run it. I've never run a 10K before but given my 21:00 PR for a 5K I am thinking that I would like to see something around 45:00
        I'm out. I didn't get a January race in. Sad

Michelle

Think Whirled Peas

I'm out. I didn't get a January race in. Sad
          Bah, Michelle (Mississippi)!!!!! Evil grin That means two races for you in February!!!! Smile

Bah, Michelle (Mississippi)!!!!! Evil grin That means two races for you in February!!!! Smile
            Will that keep me in the challenge? I can try for two races this month. Big grin MTA: I'm just kidding. I'll have to try for One Race a Month challenge next year.

Michelle

I'm in. Super Sunday at noon in beautiful Lowell MA, snow or shine. Smile http://www.super5k.com/

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Marquess of Utopia

I'm in... I ran a 5K race January 26th

Another Passion

I'm in. Super Sunday at noon in beautiful Lowell MA, snow or shine. Smile http://www.super5k.com/
                  Cool, Ed! Good luck and have fun! Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I'm still thinking about this challenge, however I did get a January race in. Can I just go month by month? Tongue

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Think Whirled Peas

I'm still thinking about this challenge, however I did get a January race in. Can I just go month by month? Tongue
                      You bet. Do whatcha gotta do. I'm actually struggling to find a race I can fit in for February myself. Just not that many to choose from in Michigan this month...at least none that I can get to...bah!

go grammy

Big grin Looks like we got lost the first time we replied. Pokey52 & GoGrammy want to sign on. We did do our January run on the 5th. It was the Little Compton Winter Road Race distance of 4.8 miles. We had a fun run and our times were 45:33. Our Febuary run will be the 24th in Hyannis Ma we plan to do the half marathon. Will let you know if we surive!
                        jeffdonahue

Big grin Looks like we got lost the first time we replied. Pokey52 & GoGrammy want to sign on. We did do our January run on the 5th. It was the Little Compton Winter Road Race distance of 4.8 miles. We had a fun run and our times were 45:33. Our Febuary run will be the 24th in Hyannis Ma we plan to do the half marathon. Will let you know if we surive!
                          Hi Go Granny, I will be at Hyannis on the 24th doing the 10K - I'll be the one there with the three most beautiful kids in the world cheering him on (no bias there of course).
                            Wow. I guess I'm in. Disney Marathon Jan. 13, and Super 5k Feb. 3.
                              Hey. I'm new! I notice some of you are doing Hyannis..I'm from Mass to. My first race ever is Feb 17th in Foxboro. A 10 miler. I'm hoping to do a HM and some Triathlons and some intense Mountain Biking this summer. Where ya'll from in Mass? I'm from the South Shore (Halifax/Middleboro area), and my name is Liz. Nice to meet you all!
                                I just found this thread - I did a race in January, and I have one planned for February and March so far. Can I join your little club? Tim
                                "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
                                My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com