Next Marathon (Read 633 times)

I have 19 weeks until my next marathon, the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. My running lately has been going well. I am a youth pastor, and last week we took the kids on a missions trip so the running was down last week, nonetheless, with that exception, it is going well. This week, again, well, but a bit lethargic at times due to lack of sleep. My previous marathon was April 26. Did the Country Music in 3:57:50. I am hoping to shave off a bit in November, and I would like to do so by training extra well. With that said, I am looking for a good program that fits me well. I did Higdon's Intermediate-I in the spring. It was great, but I'd like to increase from 5 to 6 days, hopefully peaking between 55 and 60 miles. But, my lack of knowledge here is the killer, as I don't really know where to look. Was wondering if I would be able to just do my regular runs during the week, and then use Higdon or some sort as a guide for my long runs, or what. I just want to shave a significant portion of my time off as this will be a fairly flat and fast course. No specific time goals as of yet, but this early on, getting <3:45 sounds fantastic. thus, i need your help. books, links, etc are great. thanks, ryan sounds="" fantastic.="" thus,="" i="" need="" your="" help.="" books,="" links,="" etc="" are="" great.="" thanks,=""></3:45 sounds fantastic. thus, i need your help. books, links, etc are great. thanks, ryan>
      Advanced Marathoning by Pete Pfitzinger has a 55 miles or less per week plan in it which sounds about right for your goals. The plan starts off in the 30's per week. The information in the book is excellent, and I've seen many people recommending the training plans. That said, I can't personally vouch for the training plans.

-------------------------------------
      5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
      10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
      1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
      Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

+1 for Pfitz 18/55. I've used Pete's plans for all my marathons, and my experiences have been very positive.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

+1 for Pfitz 18/55. I've used Pete's plans for all my marathons, and my experiences have been very positive.
          +2 for Pfitz 18/55. I've used that one for my two marathons, as well. I'll definitely use his plan (and book) as the basis of my next marathon plan.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

http://www.roadtoboston.com/djapps/trainingPlans/viewPlan/5/ is this the plan?
            runninginmemphis

The link above is correct. However, I would recommend buying the book (Advanced Marathoning) and reading it as part of your training....it is filled with lots of relevant information. Good luck with your training!
              Laura

The shirtless wonder

I don't know if this is considered a good training plan or not but I like Runner's World's Smart Coach. You might have to play around with your input parameters to get your 55-60 mile peak. It seems like the current weekly mileage input has the strongest influence on the total mileage and number of runs per week. At the very least it could give you some ideas even if you don't follow it exclusively. Greg