256.9 Mile Month! (Read 905 times)

Just Be

So I got my mileage up to about 185 per month in march and april during a base phase and started speedwork in may. When that started I dropped my mileage to 108 (running by feel to avoid injury). Gradually, with speedwork of the same intensity and duration (increasing intensity a bit, actually) I went by feel back up to 175 miles in june and now in july I hit 256.9 miles and also started doing a regular weekly long run (working that up to a 20 miler by october, is the current target). I didn't think I'd be running so much during my heavy intensity speedwork season, but I run as much as my legs feel good, so I'm happy! Smile Oh... quick edit. I'm happy to report that I've been running again for almost a full year now! Just 2 more weeks and it'll be 1 year! Cool
    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WOW! DID YOU RUN 28 OF 31 DAYS.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Just Be

I ran 27 of 31 days in July. 54 individual runs in total.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, NICE work! And glad the legs still feel good--that's the true test! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Nice! Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

So I got my mileage up to about 185 per month in march and april during a base phase and started speedwork in may. When that started I dropped my mileage to 108 (running by feel to avoid injury). Gradually, with speedwork of the same intensity and duration (increasing intensity a bit, actually) I went by feel back up to 175 miles in june and now in july I hit 256.9 miles and also started doing a regular weekly long run (working that up to a 20 miler by october, is the current target). I didn't think I'd be running so much during my heavy intensity speedwork season, but I run as much as my legs feel good, so I'm happy! Smile Oh... quick edit. I'm happy to report that I've been running again for almost a full year now! Just 2 more weeks and it'll be 1 year! Cool
              nice job. you beat me by .1, too

Just Be

Thanks, guys! Smile
                  nice consistency and sweet job!
                  And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

Just Be

nice consistency and sweet job!
                    Hey jscovil, check out my question to you in the thread that JK started about you!
                      hey runner92, I played college soccer and hockey and did some backpacking before running, but that was about 12 yrs ago. I wasn't in bad shape (probably from all the golfing and walking during. I used to try and play about 4 rounds a week, which would probably be close to 10-12 miles of walking/week). The first 5k was after about 4 months of running or so. Good luck with your ambitious program and here's to healthy running! Congrats again on the big month of July
                      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

Just Be

Thanks for the reply! Smile Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to go so insane with your monthly running distances? What are your goals? When I was in the best shape of my life I would run 400 to 440 miles per month during my base season, and I thought that was pushing it in terms of distance... I would always feel like I was right on the line of injury. It's awesome that you're able to run so many miles per month and still race well and feel healthy!

Another Passion

Great job!

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com