Prankster Messing with my Runs (Read 204 times)

pedaling fool

I've been experiencing a sharp pain in the ball of my left foot during my runs for few months. About a couple weeks ago during my run, I was happy to notice that the pain was slowly diminishing; however, this thought was followed by my stepping on something in the form of a stick, directly on my sore foot. And then I did it again...damn...

But what's weird is that I've been stepping on things ever since during my runs and not only stepping on them, but stepping on them directly on the sore ball of my foot. I've been running for years and I've never stepped on things in this way from run to run, but it just keeps happening. Not only does it keep happening, but it happens with my sore foot and it's always squarely on the ball of my left foot – the exact one that was sore.

On the bright side, despite all these things I've been stomping on, my foot seems to continue to heal, including just stepping on something during yesterday's run.

I've had weird things like this happen before in my life and I always had a feeling that there was some sort or external prankster involved. I know it sounds crazy, but it's as if in some way I can sense some sort of communication with me and something...crazy I know...Just curious if anyone else experiences strange occurrences in life.

P.S. No, I don't hear voices in my head.

Daydreamer1

Yea I've had stuff like this happen.  My conclusion is that before you were stepping on the stuff you just weren't paying attention to it, now your paying attention and of course your foot is sore and you want it to heal so it concerns you.  The only other possibility is a significant other, current or former, is poking your foot via a voodoo doll .

P.S. If your not hearing the voices in your head I'd suggest turning up the volume . Trust me, they are harmless for the most part and It makes your runs more interesting  .

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

DoppleBock

Plus the voices in my head really understand me ... although they tend to live in a fantasy world

P.S. If your not hearing the voices in your head I'd suggest turning up the volume . Trust me, they are harmless for the most part and It makes your runs more interesting  .

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My son says the voices in his head MUST be real, because they say funny things that he would never think of.  At least his voices are benign and funny!