#s (Read 597 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I went to the doc today about asthma issues. I love when they do my BP and pulse. BP was 102/70 (last time was 108/60)...if I stand up to fast sometimes I see pretty stars...wheee..., pulse was 64. One of these days I need to check my pulse before I get out of bed. Pre-running I think my BP was like 110/70 and I want to say that my pulse rate was 70 or 80. So not a big difference, but still something.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

When I told the nurse yesterday that my resting (before getting out of bed) pulse was 47 she thought I was only measuring it for 30 seconds. Smile
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is excellent! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HOSS1961

My BP was 124/76 which is MUCH lower than 2 years ago and my pulse was 51. The nurse said..."R U a runner" Then later when the doc was looking at my chart he says..."Ahhh, th elow pulse of a runner"...probably one of the nicest running related comments I have received. Smile
          HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
            No doubt... running has replaced my bp meds... and the stars... wheee... were making me pass out on the meds... pre running pre meds... 140's/100 +-5 now usually 110/65 to 120's over 85 depending... mus mostly around 115/75... and resting pulse is 50 +- 3... 47 last few times I checked... I started running to get off the bp meds... it worked... :-)

A Saucy Wench

They almost wouldnt let me out of the hospital after ds was born. My BP is usually around 95/55 They thought I had lost a lot of blood or something. And then when I told them that was normal for me they actually said. "when we measured it yesterday it was 120/80" Well DUH I was in LABOR. Roll eyes Actually the big # for me is cholesterol. At 21 my cholesterol was measured for my job and it was 212 and for the first time ever last year it was below 200 ...174. dh of course can eat anything and his cholesterol is like 134. I think my resting pulse when I tried to measure it last year was in the low 50's but usually in the docs office it is pretty high...something about trying to corral my toddler while getting a physical.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ennay- When I was in labor my BP stayed around 95/40. It was really weird. My BP normally is 100/60 or somewhere around that. It kind of freaked the nurses out the whole time I was in labor, but I didn't feel light headed and it stayed like that the whole time. Don't know why... Not sure what my pulse rate is. I'm always jumping out of bed with sound of the dang alarm.