Facebook Integration (Read 4223 times)

Self Portrait

Thats awesome! Thanks ! Smile
    GKA

GKA

Eric, question: every Facebook app comes with a standard disclaimer: "Allowing [insert app name here] access will let it pull your profile information, photos, your friends' info, and other content that it requires to work." I am not crazy about allowing any facebook apps access to my private data. What exactly does it need to work, and why does fb have this stupid disclaimer if, in fact, the app does not require access to any profile data? thanks!
      Eric, first this is really awesome; a great enhancement to an already premier (free) service. I am concerned about my privacy though. I have not listed my name or placed my photo on the RA profile, however, both appear on the facebook site. Is it possible for users to modify these settings?
      "Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

Duncan

wow! Thanks Eric, the running community owes you!
          Yay!! Amazing! Thank you.

Misinformation Officer

Just a note to all the happy users: now's as good a time as any to donate to this incredible site! Eric rocks!

Just Happy to Run

Definitely getting a donation from me! I just have to wait 'till the last half of the year though... What really surprised me was the quality of the FB app right out the door when there are a whole bunch of awful ones floating around out there...
              Jason

2010 Goals
              • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
              eric :)

Eric, question: every Facebook app comes with a standard disclaimer: "Allowing [insert app name here] access will let it pull your profile information, photos, your friends' info, and other content that it requires to work." I am not crazy about allowing any facebook apps access to my private data. What exactly does it need to work, and why does fb have this stupid disclaimer if, in fact, the app does not require access to any profile data? thanks!
                It's true that every FB app has this disclaimer. 99.9% of the apps do not need access to any personal info. Here are some of the info that an app has access to: uid first name last name full name timezone birthday sex affiliations (regional type only) locale profile url proxied email FB should allow users to install apps without giving out any personal info. Users should also be able to control what kind of info they are willing to give out. As for the RA app, the only piece of information that it stores is your FB user ID so that it would know what data to display in the app. It also requests your friends' IDs to display the workout feeds, but it doesn't store that info. As a rule, you should limit the amount of private info you give out. Just because it's FB doesn't mean you should give out your birthdate.

has anybody had trouble with this? i entered all my usual info, name, passwords, etc., but no data comes through. all zeroes. the bottom half of the screen reads like a runningahead sign up to me. it says: Due to Facebook limitations, this is a lite version of RunningAHEAD's training log. Here are just a few of the many FREE features waiting for you at RunningAHEAD.com: Import data directly from your Garmin Forerunner GPS Create and measure your running routes Create additional activities Create custom graphs and reports To access your data directly on RunningAHEAD.com, please fill out the following information. i enter my account info and it says: There is already an account with this email. so it doesn't seem like that will solve the problem. as i went through the setup process, it gave me a couple pop-ups about importing data, so it seemed like it was working, but then nothing showed up. anybody else experiencing this? any help is much appreciated.
                  Greggar, You probably created a new RA account on FB. If this is the case, let me know and I'll unlink it for you so you can enter your real acccount.

Eric, first this is really awesome; a great enhancement to an already premier (free) service. I am concerned about my privacy though. I have not listed my name or placed my photo on the RA profile, however, both appear on the facebook site. Is it possible for users to modify these settings?
                    Your name and picture appear on Facebook because that's what you entered on Facebook. RA does not know anything about you other than your Facebook ID.
                    Runnin Ragged

Certified Paper Pusher

Thanks so much. I love FB and RunningAHEAD...it's a match made in heaven! Wink Thanks again!
                      “Don’t put an age limit on your dreams!” - Dara Torres, age 41 – 2008 Olympic Silver Medallist, 50m Freestyle
                      dtsnake

Sweet. Looks awesome. One thing I noticed, I have 2 PR's in my RA log but only 1 of them shows up on Facebook.
                        ========== First of all, it's great!! Thanks! Cool Similar to this problem, I only have 1 PR and it isn't showing. Anyway, will keep playing with the one on FB! This is brilliant! Smile Well done!

Anyone have pizza?

Eric, I've been a member now for several years. Dude, you cease to amaze me. Everybody's life on this here website is better for you being you. I haven't even looked at this latest achievement yet, but I am sure it's going to blow me away like everything else you've done. In advance and unconditionally I say, "Thank You!"
                            My data won't pull from RA to my FB. It's all zeros and says my email address is already being used. I deleted the application and did it again, but the same thing keeps happening. Same as Greggor. Can you unlink me or something so I can start over? Thanks much!
                            MarkusM

Very cool!

Disney Marathon or Bust

Thanks for the FB App. Hoping it will inspire some of my friends to achieve the same great feeling I get while running.