Facebook Integration (Read 4223 times)

malgarin

Very Cool App. THANKS... Big grin Big grin Big grin

Marathon Maniac #3309

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

yellergixer

Hi excuse my ignorance, but I cant get this to come up on my Facebook page, Where does it come u? I can get all my info using the link on the first page of this forum but cant bring it up using Facebook, What am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance for your help/advice
        yellergixer

Its okay, I tried for ages and couldnt find it so I made the above post, then, you guessed it I have another look and find it straight away Embarrassed Typical eh. Ah well looks well cool, well done!!
          eric :)

My data won't pull from RA to my FB. It's all zeros and says my email address is already being used. I deleted the application and did it again, but the same thing keeps happening. Same as Greggor. Can you unlink me or something so I can start over? Thanks much!
            Can you send me a support request via Facebook? I do not know your FB account so I would not know which account to unlink.
              Eric, the FB app looks great - but 1 question. IS it setup to display all other details (i.e. swim/bike etc...)? Right now it's only showing my run graph/stats. Can I get it to look identical to my RA summary page?
                nice work! i see that the PRs listed max out at marathon. any chance to have longer race PRs listed?
                Eric, same question, the PRs max out at Marathon. Can the others(or all) PRs be listed. Your Devoted Fan, Dennis
                  So I installed the application and I now have a nifty tab called RA log. When I click on that tab it's only a news feed of my daily runs. I was expecting to see my bar graph. When I click on "add runningahead application" it brings up my settings, where I can see my bar graph. However, when view my page from someone elses FB acct, there is no bar graph, only the news feed. Am I missing something or is this how it is for everyone else?

Eric, the FB app looks great - but 1 question. IS it setup to display all other details (i.e. swim/bike etc...)? Right now it's only showing my run graph/stats. Can I get it to look identical to my RA summary page?
                    Hi JaySee, Facebook programming is a real pain in HTML. It is very restrictive. For one thing, I have a limited page width to work with, which is fine since most of the RA pages are on the narrow side. So for now, it'll just be RA 1.0 until I figure out how to let you customize it that's acceptable to FB.

Eric, same question, the PRs max out at Marathon. Can the others(or all) PRs be listed. Your Devoted Fan, Dennis
                      I'll add a checkbox somewhere to let you override this behavior when I get a chance.

So I installed the application and I now have a nifty tab called RA log. When I click on that tab it's only a news feed of my daily runs. I was expecting to see my bar graph. When I click on "add runningahead application" it brings up my settings, where I can see my bar graph. However, when view my page from someone elses FB acct, there is no bar graph, only the news feed. Am I missing something or is this how it is for everyone else?
                        If I understand you correct, this is how it works. FB is very restrictive. I guess they do not want to turn their site into the mess that is MySpace. I don't have much room to work with. One of the casualties is that you don't have the richness that would otherwise be available to you. The tab page is just that. It's just a single page. As far as I can tell, I can't change its contents while you're on the page so tricks like tabs will not work.
                          Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I just wanted my fb friends to see my (sometimes) pretty bar graph. Thanks for putting up what you could.

Former runner

Should the RA summary box on your FB profile page automatically update? I noticed that mine wasn't updating. The RA application seems to work fine though. When I checked the RA app preferences and hit save it updated the summary on my profile page..

Ross

Carson

One bug(maybe) that I have uncovered. I have the FB app set to publish workouts and the notes. If I keep the notes to one line of text, the workout displays in the newsfeed with the notes just fine. If I put a carriage return in the notes field in order to have multiple lines of text, neither the workout nor the notes display in the newsfeed. It only states "Carson logged a run entry"

Great app. Thanks.

Carson

Carson

Another potential bug related to GPS import.

For some of my runs, I enter the data manually. Just today, I did an import from my GPS and those runs that I entered manually, posted on my application wall after my GPS import. They duplicates don't show in the list of workouts or in totals, only in the FB applications summary page. I did not save those GPS runs or even view them after the import. It's almost as if the imported runs were automatically posted to FB, but no where esle.

Hope that was clear. Smile