"Friends" List (Read 581 times)

Hi Eric, don`t know if this has been asked before (or if you can already do it) but one thing I would like to see is a "Friends" list on each person`s page so you could link to other people`s logs. I am always checking to see what my mates are up to and it would be cool if I could do it a little faster. JaySee asked about this before and I just wanted to agree that being able to leave comments on the bottom of your mates workouts would also be sweet! Thanks!

gimme some sugar, baby

I second this idea. I know that eric was working on a "team" page of sorts. I have a bunch of guys I run with that use the site, and friends who do as well, and it would be awesome to see all of my friends' workouts on one page, and maybe even have collective stats (like groups). You could even have a stat for total number of miles run by everyone on runningAHEAD combined! That would be neat! Or maybe even a chart of who has run the most miles, the longest races, the fastest races, etc!
      George: Runner/Law Student
      www.gimme-five.com

The Floor Walker

Hmmm, I kinda like the idea of a runningAHEAD records list as oce222 mentions. It'd definitely help me to figure out whose running logs I want to peak atSmile The groups page sounds pretty good too, although I doubt I could get many members of my club to switch from the old style running logs....pen and paper....
        eric :)

A friends list is a neat idea. It is definitely something on my list of todos. As George mentioned, I am working on a groups feature similar to that of Yahoo groups. I tried to keep it under wraps, but it leaked out somehow. The idea is to create a place so you and your friends would have a place to chat and brag. It's taking a lot longer than anticipated, simply because there are so many tiny feature requests from users. One of the earliest features I thought of when I started the site was a records list. I didn't add it because I want to create something that everyone can potentially be on, and not just the people that run the fastest or do high mileage. For example, the most improved runner would be a beginner friendly category. Got any others? eric Smile

gimme some sugar, baby

Maybe you could do best race relative to weekly mileage? Or most consecutive weeks running X miles per week. Or most/least money spent per mile run (shoes). Or... hmmm... for the people that have weight listed, maybe most weight lost? Maybe you could incorporate age and do the oldest runner to run x miles per week or run consistently or race consistently. You could even do age based rankings... that could be fun! Or maybe even fastest "debut" race times for the year for new runners. Lots of possibilities!
            George: Runner/Law Student
            www.gimme-five.com
            Wingz

Professional Noob

You could have something like a "guestbook" feature where friends could leave messages (but we as users could control what actually gets published).

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

I also have plans to add messaging so you can send messages to other users. But, I'm getting way ahead of myself. Need to focus on the task at hand...