Hey guys! Help with new poll (Read 273 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't look nearly as awesome as I think I do when running.

This, and once you've seen one pic of me in a race, they're pretty much of a muchness.  So, the first marathon pic was special, but I don't think I've bought one since.

EdithRevisited

If you ask

1) C

2) A

3) D

4) B

I purchased a finish line photo from my first marathon.  Most times I look awful in pics, but if I found a cool one, and the price was right, I would consider buying again.

• Charlie Horse Half Marathon - May 25
      • PA Grand Canyon Marathon - July 27
      • Labor Pain 12 Hour Endurance - August 31 (50k...or more!)

This, and once you've seen one pic of me in a race, they're pretty much of a muchness.  So, the first marathon pic was special, but I don't think I've bought one since.

That's the only one I've got.

( I usually take a pic of the screen photo posted which is low quality but OK if I just want a record.)

Hey, here's what I came up with

1)  B) sometimes

2)  A) Cost and E)  I look hideous in the photos!

3)  D) 10 dollars

4)  B) B grade

5)  The best photos I have were actually "candid", taken by freelance photographers and were free.  Most of the photo houses charge way too much.  I wish they had the option for a $2 wallet photo I could put in the scrapbook.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Even though this smells like spam, I'll answer because this is a personal peeve of mine.

marathonfoto and their ilk charge highway-robbery rates for race photos, so I refuse to buy them except under the most extreme duress.  I understand that they need to make money for their time and trouble, but I wonder if they could be far far away from the sweet spot of the cost-volume curve that would maximize their revenue (and profit for that matter).  I have to think there are gazillions of people out there like me who wouldn't mind coughing up $10 for a nice digital photo but there is no way I'm going to give you $35 for one photo or even, say, $55 for the "special" that gets me all the digital copies from the race.  No way in H, e, double toothpicks.

+1

I've never bought a race photo. Most of my races don't have photos for purchase. (I only remember one opportunity in 10+ yrs.) A few have some hobby / professional photographers there who take pics and provide the digital images free. I, personally, am usually more interested in pictures of sights along the way, and why I may take pictures myself. I've spectated at one winter race and taken pictures, provided them to RD for online use and people can use any they want.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
              BostonRnr

1) Do you buy photos of yourself following a registered race? C) Rarely

2) If not, what is the reason for not doing so? A) Cost 
                3) How much would you be willing to pay for a high quality photo? $10

4) How would you rank your purchasing photo experience? C

Nygrad

Thanks for the answers. Great debate. What would you guys look for the most In a company to compete against the field of photography in races?

If the picture actually made me look good, I might spend $35, but since they all are taken late in the race, at the top of a hill, when my eyes are closed, when my mouth is gaping open, or I look like I am having some sort of psychotic or epileptic spasm, I only want the memento for $10 or less.   Big grin

I might pay $10 to see Ilene looking like a mouth-breathing psycho. But not myself. Big grin

Julia1971

Thanks for the answers. Great debate. What would you guys look for the most In a company to compete against the field of photography in races?

Lower price seems to be winning.

joescott

Lower price seems to be winning.

Ding ding!!!  WINNER!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Old, Slow, Happy

1) D

2) A,C

3) C

4) B

I only buy pictures of other family members.  I never buy pictures of myself.

Christirei

have never bought a race photo of myself, never even printed off the free ones from the websites, don't need physical proof that I can look that bad, and especially am not going to pay money to see myself looking that bad...i am not a pretty racer

SubDood

have never bought a race photo of myself, never even printed off the free ones from the websites, don't need physical proof that I can look that bad, and especially am not going to pay money to see myself looking that bad...i am not a pretty racer

I have paid way too much money in the past to see how bad I look. Not sure what I was thinking -- I've stopped paying money for photos, but I sometimes still look at the free ones. (I posted a free pic I found of myself in the "finish face" thread -- in it, I look like I felt.)

JimR

Got any photos of Kip Litton for sale?