So, Santa is now a religious symbol (Read 1040 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, who took my eye bleach?!  I need that! Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

Are you saying that Santa's not hot. Come on, now.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He's probably kinda cold with that lack of clothing, actually.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

He's probably kinda cold with that lack of clothing, actually.

I think that he's OK .... plenty of insulation.

Not at it at all. 

Imagine how many people have been on that backdrop since the Santa shoot.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Every year my aunt sends me email decrying the "De-Christianization of the Christmas Tree" and I quote "It is a CHRISTmas tree, NOT a holiday tree and to dilute its Christian origins is disrespectful" 

But since I dont ever see her in person I just quietly delete and go on with my day. 

You need to quote her the passage from the Torah condemning people who take trees and decorate them. I'm sure that will endear you to her.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Every year my aunt sends me email decrying the "De-Christianization of the Christmas Tree" and I quote "It is a CHRISTmas tree, NOT a holiday tree and to dilute its Christian origins is disrespectful" 

But since I dont ever see her in person I just quietly delete and go on with my day. 

And of course the Christmas tree tradition originally had nothing to do with Christianity. As with many other things an existing pagan ritual and holiday was worked into the Christian routine.

Christians didn't start with the tree thing until 16th century.

Hawt and sexy

Suddenly, I see Santa as the man in the box. Eww.

I'm touching your pants.

Menace to Sobriety

And of course the Christmas tree tradition originally had nothing to do with Christianity. As with many other things an existing pagan ritual and holiday was worked into the Christian routine.

Christians didn't start with the tree thing until 16th century.

Yeah, right, and I suppose next you're going to tell me that Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies have nothing to do with Christianity, either.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Yeah, right, and I suppose next you're going to tell me that Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies have nothing to do with Christianity, either.

I presume that was a TIC?

That's sort of a joke in our household... how did rabbits ever work their way into Easter?  And, since when did rabbits start laying eggs for kids to find?  It's a rather silly

Why is it sideways?

Reproduction/Resurrection

DoppleBock

Santa Claus

Easter Bunny

Holloween

Are just events / things made up by non-religous people who were bored when all their Christian Friends were celebrating these Holidays.  Well actually it could be that they were bored, or jealous of any of the religions days or periods - But these 3 fall on pre-existing Christian Holidays (2 major, one minor).

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"Let the bunnies come unto me."  And they came, bearing eggs.  And there was much rejoicing.  And then the eggs were deviled.

Why is it sideways?

[not supposed  to post on these threads.]

"run" "2" "eat"

what goes around comes around. back in the day, christians co-opted the nordic and celtic seasonal "holy" day celebrations and turned them into christian "holy" days in order to drum up bidness for their new church institution. now, they're all upset some new religion [consumptionism] has come and done the same thing to their "holy" days.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams