1st Half Marathon! (Read 503 times)

I ran my first half marathon this morning! and I am officially hooked! My unofficial time was 2:00:11, I'm thinking it will be sub 2 when the chip time comes in because I started pretty near the middle of the herd of 2500 people. I definitely learned some things, and am just so excited I got to experience such a great race. I am so ready to run another one, and to start training for the full! Running is awesome!
    running is my prozac
      Congratulations!! That's a great time. How do you feel?

Michelle

Congrats!!! Sounds l;ike it was a great experience for you!
        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
          Good for you - that's great!
            Way to go!
              Congrats!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

Sweet! Nice way to start out! Congrats, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Great first race!
                  va

Congrats on you first half. I like your enthusiasm. I think you'll love the full...
                      thanks everyone! I just loved that I was able to have a good experience for my first one. I was honestly afraid I would end up hating it, but that was luckily not the case.
                      running is my prozac
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sub 2 for a first...that is fantastic! I've done 3 HMs, now...my goal is sub 2 (gotta drop 4 minutes)! I love that distance, too. I plan to do a full next Fall, but I have a feeling that the half will still be my favorite...it's just perfect! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations - great time for your first 1/2M!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Nice work! It gets very addicting...considering yourself warned... :-D

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Another Passion

Congratulations! Great first race! Big grin

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com