Flying Pig in Cincinnati (Read 850 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Anyone on here doing the flying pig this Sunday? I am a little worried about the weather.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Bearcat, at least a couple of us are running it (at least I hope so, I'm having some serious logistical problems). The weather should be OK, maybe a little warm toward the end. Good luck!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

JakeKnight

As I was just telling Trent via e-mail - I'm jealous. Have fun and run fast. Do they have live stats like the CMM? Good luck to all!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

PerfesserR, Sorry to hear about your logistical problems. How far do you have to travel? It is a fun race to do. Not the easiest of courses. Have you run it before? JakeKnight: Who is Trent? The do not have live stats. What is the CMM? Is that Chicago?
            2011 Goals:
          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Well Jake: By looking at your log I am going to answer the question for you. CMM - Country Music Marathon? Is that one in Nashville? What kind of course is it?
              2011 Goals:
            JakeKnight

JakeKnight: Who is Trent? The do not have live stats. What is the CMM? Is that Chicago?............ ...... By looking at your log I am going to answer the question for you. CMM - Country Music Marathon? Is that one in Nashville? What kind of course is it?
              To answer your questions: Trent is Trent. To explore the depths of who and what he might be, you should get with Jeff - our resident philosopher. He could probably sort it out. Or find a good shrink. Trent goes by the RA name of ... Trent. You'll find him lurking in the 2000 mile club, or anywhere where people are discussing map-making, or near girls named Dawn. He ran the CMM with me last week (as did Jeff, and BAKeller (Ben) and a host of others). Actually Jeff ran. We jogged. I only mentioned Trent because he'll also be running the Flying Pig with you (and the Perfesser) next weekend. See what I mean about him needing a philosopher, shrink, or good podiatrist? Trent is also the race director of the Flying Monkey marathon, a new, frightening, yet strangely titillating local marathon. Next November. Come play with the Monkeys. (Note to Scout: "titillating" does not mean what you think it means ...) The CMM is indeed the Country Music Marathon, here in Nashville. There are too many of us here from Nashville. Obviously, Eric (the guy who runs this place) has no taste and lets anybody into his club. The CMM is a very flat, very easy course. A little warm and humid, but barely noticeable. At least that's my story this year. Last year it was unbearably hot and mountainous, like running through the Alps if they were in the Sahara Desert. If anybody tells you anything different than any of the above, don't believe them. You can't trust these people. They name their boobs.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Did I hear something? Do the words "Roasted Pig" scare you? Something about sunny and 80? For a marathon? I agree. That is just wrong. But not as wrong as, say, running the Pig one week after running CMM. That is just monkey business. Map? Sure, here is a map. But here is a better map. Just sayin' Evil grin See ya at the pig. Bearcat, what is your goal time?

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR, Sorry to hear about your logistical problems. How far do you have to travel? ...
                  Oh, about 6900 miles. Tokyo-Atlanta-Cincy Saturday night (no later I hope). Gasp. Fortunately our very own Trent is helping me get my stuff. Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

One of my all time favorite races!! I hope you guys have a great time.
                    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

This is only my 2nd Marathon so keep that in mind. I ran the Flying Pig last year at 4:15 with the goal to just finish. My plan was to run this Pig in 3:35 which I think was reasonable considering my 20 mile runs on the course. However, with the heat wave that is expected I am guessing 3:45. You sound like a serious runner. What time do you project to finish in? This tapering is killing me right now both mentally and physically. I'm worried that my legs are going to revert back to the 4:15 guy of last year with this much rest. I ran 6 miles on Tuesday, flat course, and it felt harder to do then the 20 miles I did 2 1/2 weeks ago on a hilly course. Ugh running. Well I forgot to mention that I was running in 83 degree weather for the 6 miles and was running in 55 degree weather for the 20 miler. Still it is just not right.
                        2011 Goals:
                      RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Perfesser: Are you saying you are flying all the way from Tokyo? Wow is all I can say if that is true.
                          2011 Goals:
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I had hoped to run CMM last weekend in 3:45. Didn't happen. My legs fell apart. Not a bonk, just too much marathoning (14 in the past 2 years, 9 in the past 53 weeks). I will likely shoot for 4:00-4:15 at Pig, given the impending heat and my shot legs. Yep, Perfesser is in Tokyo. Actually, right now he is likely trying to travel.
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Whoa. My Pig bib number. First ever for me. Sequential numbers. #3456. I wonder if it means anything. It probably means that I will come in #3456. Criminy.
                            JakeKnight

Whoa. My Pig bib number. First ever for me. Sequential numbers. #3456. I wonder if it means anything. It probably means that I will come in #3456. Criminy.
                              Okay, that answers the question I just asked. How's Cinci? How's Expo? And obviously your bib means you'll run a 3:45.6. Duh.

The only way this could be better if you finished the race at 12:34 on 5/6/7. I think it means....42.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?