Garmin 620 on sale at REI for $87 (Read 149 times)

https://www.rei.com/product/862916/garmin-forerunner-620-gps-fitness-monitor

Too bad I recently bought one refurbished for $130.

Cyberic

That's quite a deal

xhristopher

I've already got that watch but I almost want to buy it again. Good deal.

Why so cheap? Refurbished? Seems too good to be true and you know what they say about that...

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

No longer in stock/unable to order.  It lets you go all the way through to the end of checkout before it tells you there's an error.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

mikeymike

No longer in stock/unable to order.  It lets you go all the way through to the end of checkout before it tells you there's an error.

I have no real need for a new running watch but out of curiosity (and because $87 for an extra running watch with some features I don't currently have is a small price to pay for curiosity) I gave this a try. I didn't even get an error ... it just kind of didn't go through and there's  no history of the non-order ever happening if I go to my order history or if I check my paypal account. It was like a mirage.

Runners run

xhristopher

They have the heart rate version listed for 99.83. Still a good deal even if you don't care for HR.

Perhaps that works? Here's the link.

https://www.rei.com/product/862917/garmin-forerunner-620-gps-heart-rate-monitor

One of the bad shopping experiences.  Almost like  phishing for your email/phone number, but no product to sell (not sure why they need to do that they already have that info about me).  Bad REI

mikeymike

I suspect system glitch vs. data collection scam in this case and I'm fairly well versed in these things and certainly no Pollyanna.

Runners run

Yes if it was not REI, I would have gone with bad intent, and giving them the benefit of doubt that they are not checking product availability until the last step in the shopping process.  bad design or bad code.

Wing

Joggaholic

They have the heart rate version listed for 99.83. Still a good deal even if you don't care for HR.

Perhaps that works? Here's the link.

https://www.rei.com/product/862917/garmin-forerunner-620-gps-heart-rate-monitor

I tried both yesterday afternoon and both were out of stock AFTER putting in the credit card numbers ...

For shame!   Sorry, like others, I naturally expected more from REI!