Have to have a biopsy done... (Read 880 times)

Welp, I have to have a biopsy done on a white patch on my tongue. It's been there for 4-6 weeks I think and it didn't really respond to a combination of antibiotics, hydro-cortisone, antifungal medicine, and benadryl. The doctor says he doesn't think it's cancerous but wants to be safe. Wish me luck. Sad
    munchkn883

Hang in there and try to keep positive thoughts. Will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know the results.
        Hang in there (((())) and let us know the outcome.
        2009: BQ?
          Antibiotics can sometimes have some odd side effects, maybe this one is just a very stubborn side effect. Please, keep us posted!

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

'Ssippi is right on. This is likely thrush. Hang in there.
              Thanks for the support everyone, hopefully it's something else. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*fingers-crossed* When will you know something? I hope you get some good meds after the biopsy...I imagine that's not pleasant.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, fingers crossed.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Another Passion

Good luck, Dustin.

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Len

Damn Yankee

Your in our thoughts Dustin....

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Your doc is likely just being cautious. No need for concern yet. Keep us in the loop. MTA: due to my awful spelling.

Sweaty

keep positive thoughts, and everything will be very good. Good luck.
                          I donĀ“r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L
                            Finally saw a dermatologist on Thursday. He ruled out thrush and said it is probably "oral lichen planus", but could also be Leukoplakia which can be precancerous. He gave me a cortisone shot and told me to come back in a week. If it doesn't respond at all I'm off to see an oral surgeon for a biopsy. On a side note, the cortisone shot has really cleared up some lingering minor aches and pain in my feet and ankles. They feel great now. Trent, is it safe to run through this? I would only have the aches in the morning when getting out of bed and sometimes during the beginning of my runs. Also, I've had hiccups on and off since yesterday (Friday) morning. I've read this is an uncommon side affect of cortisone, and it really, really sucks!
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lichen Planus? Interesting. Kinda neat. I hope it is not precancerous. They gonna take it all out? Steroids are safe to run on if all you have had is a one-time shot. Just make sure you are getting your calcium and stop if you start getting weird pains.
                                Lichen Planus? Interesting. Kinda neat. I hope it is not precancerous. They gonna take it all out? Steroids are safe to run on if all you have had is a one-time shot. Just make sure you are getting your calcium and stop if you start getting weird pains.
                                If the cortisone doesn't affect it at all, and the biopsy comes back positive I think the plan is to freeze and peel it off like a mole. It's either that or have an oral surgeon cut it out. Thanks for the advice Trent.